• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Offensive Line struggles

NAS

I listened to Bill Polian on NFL radio recap what he saw from the joint practice with the Jets.  He said that Young reminds of Manning, will make mistakes as a rookie but will be a top QB for years to come.

What really caught my ear was that He also noted that our offensive line seemed to struggle against stunts that the Jets Defensive Line was rushing with. It’s exactly what I just saw in the preseason game as they couldn’t protect Bryce Young.  It’s concerning to me that they didn’t learn anything from the Wednesday practice.  

Yes it’s preseason but you want to see growth, and learning from mistakes. Jets have a top 5 defense but I expected more from the OL today.

Edited by NAS
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

1st scrimmage of the season missed assignments are bound to happen. The Oline just didn't show up as a group. They will get an earful in the film room and work on those assignments in practice.

No need to panic this is the 1st game of the season. Even week 1 will be ugly for most teams. Rome wasn't built in a day people. 

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

19 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

1st scrimmage of the season missed assignments are bound to happen. The Oline just didn't show up as a group. They will get an earful in the film room and work on those assignments in practice.

No need to panic this is the 1st game of the season. Even week 1 will be ugly for most teams. Rome wasn't built in a day people. 

It's been 6 years bro.

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

31 minutes ago, Star Platinum said:

I put this largely on Chubba, he seemed unable to do anything on the ground to back off the pass rush, and they just started t-ing off on the qbs… I feel us not having a bruiser back will be felt

The OL wasn’t creating any holes for him.

1 minute ago, Wolfcop said:

Yeah, kind of unrealistic to expect great things in PS game 1 from a brand new QB & staff against a really good D. I'd be willing to beat we will look a lot better next week. 

I'd get it if we had a ton of new faces on the OL but there is a lot of carryover on the OL. They looked atrocious. We don't have to sugarcoat it.

• Pie 6

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

I'd get it if we had a ton of new faces on the OL but there is a lot of carryover on the OL. They looked atrocious. We don't have to sugarcoat it.

Not sugar coating it. OL didnt do well, but they are better than they showed today. We could have done at least a tad more scheming than we did, which would have helped a lot.