• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Offensive Line struggles

NAS

Yeah, it was pretty bad.  I love Ekwonu, but he was smiling way to much during his interview after that performance.  Reich was smiling as he walked on the field afterward.

And I get it, preseason games mean nothing and losing a preseason game means nothing.

Getting absolutely blown out at home in a preseason game, when the other team didn't play many of their starters, including QB, DL and corner  should at least cause some reflection.

Jets defensive line dominates Panthers— even without starters

"Starters Quinnen Williams, Carl Lawson, John Franklin-Myers and Al Woods did not even play, but the Jets managed eight quarterback hits and five sacks. "

• Pie 2

We better not suck in pass pro all game next week because its apparently an issue for the Giants

Pass-rushing Depth is a Concern

The Giants did not dress any regular contributors in their defensive front seven. The defense was 13th in sacks last season, and most of those sacks came from guys not dressed for the first preseason game.

What was left was a bunch of guys who needed to prove they could get to the quarterback. Outside of a couple of pressures by Tomon Fox and a late-game sack by Habakkuk Baldonado, pressure on the Lions' quarterbacks was scarce.

Part of that could be due to how vanilla the defense was in the game, but it highlighted that without the defensive staff scheming up a way to get to the quarterback, these second and third units struggled to win 1-on-1 battles.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

We’ve hashed on this the past few years and people keep forgetting. It’s why Cam Erving is still here because the dept across the league is bad and even below avg is better than having nothing at the moment.

Outside of Cleveland and Philly everyone has bad depth KC, Buffalo, and San Fran included.

Edited by Panthercougar68

2 minutes ago, jtm said:

I think this game is a one off.  I suspect they'll play much better this week.  There is no way our OL all of a sudden went from a strength to a weakness in one preseason game.  

I can see one of the main issues being consistency. Even if we only were down Corbett, not having that consistency hurts. The Saints would have issues every time Peat missed a game.

1 minute ago, Panthercougar68 said:

I can see one of the main issues being consistency. Even if we only were down Corbett, not having that consistency hurts. The Saints would have issues every time Peat missed a game.

Let's hope you are not correct and I'm trying to wait a little bit before I freak out about Corbett being out and let's hope he gets back soon.

• Pie 1