• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How are you feeling after the first preseason game?

Icege

How are you feeling after the first preseason game?  

143 members have voted

1. 1. How are you feeling after the first preseason game?

• Concerned, but not worried.
    • Worried, but not concerned.
    • Concerned and worried.
    • Neither concerned nor worried.

8 minutes ago, Camp Fodder said:

If we were in the AFC east I would agree but why is it nuts to think we can not win over the falcons, saints and bucs who all were below 500 last year and Brady retired 

Last year was a complete aberration.   The saints and Falcons got significantly better. 

Edited by mrcompletely11

Just now, Camp Fodder said:

Not sure I agree. Desmond Ridder is basically a rookie and Dennis Allen is a bottom 5 coach

Riddler has a year in the system and they are on a run team.  Carr is the best qb in the division right now.   Expecting to win the division is crazy talk.  We have a rookie qb and a paper thin defense.  It's going to take about a season.  

I know it's only preseason, but we had most of our offensive starters playing against their #2s. We also had zero energy or enthusiasm on offense. I know it was like 100° down there, but I would have liked to see a little more effort. Even BY looked like he didn't want to be there. Not hitting the panic button just yet, but Im going to need to see a big change next week. I just want entertaining football. Is that too much to ask? We have been so boring to watch for so long now. 

Preseason games don’t count and the score would be marginally closer if it weren’t for going for it on fourth down.

But that’s the most inept Panthers preseason performance since 2010. They looked like they hadn’t practiced all year and it’s not a good sign the starters were letting their backups move the ball at will on the first possession. Granted I didn’t expect this team to win a lot of games this year and key guys were out, but that was an inexcusable performance.  

I will say I hate the 3-4 and aside from 1996 it’s been a failure every season it’s used here. I counted one QB pressure the whole game and it was the sack by Barno. Nobody came close to pressuring any of their QBs and the off coverage presented 5-8 yard gains every snap, not including the inevitable broken tackle. Third down and fourth down defense was abysmal. Offensively, Corral had some plays that would make Randy Fasani blush. 

I’m not as doom and gloom today about the performance in general, but I will be concerned if we don’t fix the right guard spot until Corbitt comes back.

all the stunts that got pressure came from the right guard spot. There was one where Michael Jordan completely whiffed in picking up the defensive end that stunning inside and got in Moton’s way.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

I’m not as doom and gloom today about the performance in general, but I will be concerned if we don’t fix the right guard spot until Corbitt comes back.

all the stunts that got pressure came from the right guard spot. There was one where Michael Jordan completely whiffed in picking up the defensive end that stunning inside and got in Moton’s way.

People can say it doesn’t matter but if I’m an opposing DC, I just run stunts all day against this line, and you’ve got 7-10 sacks and a shutout most every week.