• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Giants week news

Jackie Lee

18 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I interpreted that as "we're waiting on someone to get healthy because our healthy guys suck".

Yeah it's a shame Cade has blown the opportunity. He got the reps for almost the whole camp. And had the whole last year with Campen learning and playing in that jumbo package. Maybe thats why he was at fullback instead of on the line?

2 hours ago, mc52beast said:

Are we going from last year when our o-line was wreaking havoc to this year where if one of our tackles gets hurt we’re screwed?

I'm assuming Brady Chistensen is the backup LT but it seems the bigger problem is depth at guard since everyone seems to suck ass

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

8 hours ago, MHS831 said:

Is this to suggest that Cade Mays sucked?

TBH, I didn't see a lot of him.  I think he mightve gotten himself in the dog house because I remember he had a few penalties during practice in the week leading up to the game, and then during the game I didn't see much of him.  During the game, I actually only saw Jordan and McCray at RG.  I vaguely think I remember a play I saw Mays, but not certain...  it looked like the bulk of the snaps was Jordan and McCray.  I hope Jensen is the new Norwell, and Zavala is a real wildcard.  I feel a lot better going into this week.

2 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

Yeah it's a shame Cade has blown the opportunity. He got the reps for almost the whole camp. And had the whole last year with Campen learning and playing in that jumbo package. Maybe thats why he was at fullback instead of on the line?

It's weird he's apparently regressed, especially since the start of camp...  because he looked good in preseason last season and in limited snaps during the regular season.  But I haven't heard anything but bad about him over the last 2 weeks or so.

Based on Frank’s comments today, even though he might not say it outright, I kinda feel like the RG spot is a 2 man race between Zavala and Jensen seeing as the other choices stunk it up Saturday. I think as the drafted player Zavala will get the biggest opportunity to impress but long term I think his future is on the left side. 

Jensen is the real wildcard because I swear every reporter who covers the team has hyped him up at some point this offseason/training camp. It’d be a cool story if a UDFA came in and won a starting job. Ultimately I just want the best guy to win the job, we gotta keep Bryce upright.

Edited by BlackPanther22
  • Beer 1