• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Saints will win the division, we’re sending Chicago a top 10 pick

TheBigKat

I get not showing anything in preseason, but the lack of execution is alarming. The defense in particular looks awful. Every unit. Hopefully they are just playing half-speed to limit injuries, because on basic 1 on 1 battles every defensive position group is getting smoked

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2
  • Poo 1

Why is everyone like this lol. If we’d came out gangbusters would you REALLY think we’d be Super Bowl bound (and never saying never). Obviously there are things to work on but I’m pretty sure this professional staff isn’t grasping it’s pearls over two preseason games.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, amcoolio said:

I get not showing anything in preseason, but the lack of execution is alarming. The defense in particular looks awful. Every unit. Hopefully they are just playing half-speed to limit injuries, because on basic 1 on 1 battles every defensive position group is getting smoked

Yep, another valid theory. Chances are perhaps the players have it drilled in them to consider their health above all during these meaningless preseason games. 

We don't know what the coaches plans are. A sign that the players are chill and relaxing on the sidelines indicates there's not much care to the score, but more so to get it out of the way until it really matters.

Again, doom and gloom if the Panthers look like this in September. I'd like to give a benefit of the doubt that perhaps, they may actually be much better when the games count.

15 minutes ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

What game are you watching? Preseason regular season or flag football. These guys aren’t good. 

I'm watching a preseason game, where good teams don't care about the score and just want to get out of it healthy and a better idea of what their players look like in 1v1s.

Half effort? Who cares, as long as people are healthy. The players are clearly fine on the sidelines and not freaking out about the score. I suspect that they've been drilled to keep healthy, and to not worry so much about a preseason score.

It's preseason. Come cry if they look like this during the regular season and I'm ready to cry with you all. I expect the coaching staff to adjust when games count and for the team to look much better resultingly. If not, then it's panic mode time.

But for now, it's just typical preseason football. Not worried at all.

Edited by Saca312

It's fair to be a bit anxious looking at the team's overall vibe and performance right now, but good lord people.

At least this gives them obvious corrections and assessments to make from a personnel standpoint.  It's not fun not being able to push the ball at all though, so I get it.  

We have too many proven experienced coaches, from recent SB winning teams, to think this is the playbook and structure. 

We're just running draws and triangle patterns in the passing game.  This is super basic.  We haven't done anything expansive into the playbook by what I'm seeing.  A legit concern is that a lot of player are simply losing at the point of attack.  Position coaches need to get on that this next week.    

• Flames 1

The team looked like ass and went 1-3 in preseason Cams rookie year. First game of the season Cam lit it up. It’s preseason you dopes….We will be better than the last 4 years I can promise you that. No we are not a superbowl team, but I promise that by the end of the season we feel better about the direction of our teams future than we have felt in a very long time

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

Yep. Already been saying this. People don’t want to hear it but it’s true. Young needs experience and there are more holes to fill and building needed. Care is a good QB. Maybe not SB caliber but he’ll be better than Young for a bit.

Saints will have the next couple of years and then it will either be Falcons or Panther time depending on who does it right. They have hell of a nice cap room to work with. We shall see.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 5