• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Saints will win the division, we’re sending Chicago a top 10 pick

TheBigKat

19 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

They were what, 2nd in the league in rushing. And what did that get them? Last place in the Division. So, what do they do? Draft a RB. lol

In a passing league, they drafted a RB. Man, if the Panthers did that there would be rioting in the streets.

Im picking the Falcons to win this division if not us.

I like their roster more than the Saints.

45 minutes ago, NorthTryon said:

I don't know if they do know what any kind of football looks like seeing as they are having these kind of reactions over preseason. 

I don't agree with all the panic but I'm not going to act like the Panthers are some powerhouse consistent contender that has earned the benefit of the doubt either.

4 hours ago, top dawg said:

The Steelers doing Steelers things...

I'll say that I hoped to see more push by the O-line, but I'm not freaking out during preseason. I just can't do it after watching football in earnest for 47 years. The preseason is the preseason.

I mean I get it we all long for our team to have a nice crisp offense that doesn't have any hiccups and puts up ton of yards like the Chiefs and Bengals of the world but this team isn't there yet. They need time. And that's the last thing a perennial 5 win team's fan base is willing to give them. I think Bryce Young looks as advertised and will still need some time for him to "own" this offense. Same with the oline. There will be growing pains but I fully expect us at the very least to remain competitive this year. Just need to have some patience.

• Beer 1

15 hours ago, frankw said:

I don't agree with all the panic but I'm not going to act like the Panthers are some powerhouse consistent contender that has earned the benefit of the doubt either.

I mean that's where I'm at right now. They definitely have something to prove and fan trust to earn back, but people are talking about 1-15 to possible paperbag seasons. This thread is noodles and I wanted to point that out. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, backINblack28 said:

people who don't believe bryce can lead us to the playoffs but saying the falcons with their 3rd round cincy QB who has (only) beaten trace mcsorley and kyle trask can -- and somehow that's not the like top 3 dumbest part of this thread

Folks are upset and antsy. A dangerous cocktail of emotions.

On 8/18/2023 at 8:15 PM, TheBigKat said:

Two preseason games and first team has mustered 3 points.

Young might be good but he’s not Cam, he’ll never ‘will’ the team to victory, he’s going to be a great system QB

Defense got smoked by a Barkley’less Giants offense

but yea it’s preseason

Cam Newton didn't score a TD in pre-season until his 3rd game.

33 minutes ago, ncsu12engr said:

Cam Newton didn't score a TD in pre-season until his 3rd game.

Cam Newton also wasn't declared the starter until after that game.   Clausen was getting reps w/ starters too. 

Also, in his first preseason game he lead the O on two scoring drives. 

I think the biggest issue is they aren't giving Young enough reps.  I think it's going to lead to a slow start for him.   2 games in, Cam Newton had a lot more volume than what Bryce is getting in the preseason.  

• Pie 2

22 minutes ago, CRA said:

Cam Newton also wasn't declared the starter until after that game.   Clausen was getting reps w/ starters too. 

Also, in his first preseason game he lead the O on two scoring drives. 

I think the biggest issue is they aren't giving Young enough reps.  I think it's going to lead to a slow start for him.   2 games in, Cam Newton had a lot more volume than what Bryce is getting in the preseason.  

I agree with the amount of reps being a big difference and a concern. Definitely feels like in the modern NFL preseason reps are not being valued.

21 minutes ago, ncsu12engr said:

I agree with the amount of reps being a big difference and a concern. Definitely feels like in the modern NFL preseason reps are not being valued.

It has been heading that way for a while, and going to three preseason games hastened that movement.  At the same time, the quality of play out of the chute in the month of September has also gone down.  September has always been rough around the edges, but in the last 10-15 years it is almost impossible to identify who is good, bad, or in between until the second quarter of the season takes shape (about mid-October).

There were "threats" of going to two preseason games, coinciding with expanding the regular season to 18 games, and I can only imagine what that will look like. 

• Pie 1

21 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

It has been heading that way for a while, and going to three preseason games hastened that movement.  At the same time, the quality of play out of the chute in the month of September has also gone down.  September has always been rough around the edges, but in the last 10-15 years it is almost impossible to identify who is good, bad, or in between until the second quarter of the season takes shape (about mid-October).

There were "threats" of going to two preseason games, coinciding with expanding the regular season to 18 games, and I can only imagine what that will look like. 

Everyone is going to look ugly in the 1st game this season. It's been that way every since the league went to 3 preseason game's.  I'm like you, can't imagine what it will be like with only 2 to evaluate your team. It will be around game 5 before you really know what your team is made of.

• Pie 1