• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

McCall Cut!

panfanman

1 minute ago, 45catfan said:

Reich stated to reporters and I'm paraphrasing:  'he's going to catch on to a team that utilizes a true NT.'  That tells me the team is comfortable without a wide-bodied NT.

Personally, I don't understand it. 

He doesn’t fit our scheme and he’s not a very good player he was undrafted for a reason 

• Flames 1

Just now, TheSpecialJuan said:

He doesn’t fit our scheme and he’s not a very good player he was undrafted for a reason 

I know he was undrafted, but so is the dude that's supposedly taking his spot.  I hope our 'scheme' isn't to give up chunks of yards up the gut all season. 

• Pie 1

https://x.com/duncondemand/status/1693670856314982556?s=46&t=yrBlFSgSq03Cj7OTIrow0Q 

Good insight from Dunc. Didn’t recognize that he didn’t even start on Friday, so something clearly shifted. 

Granted, we’ve been told a million times not to put stock into that first “unofficial” depth chart because it wasn’t put together by the staff, so being surprised we cut a “starter” may be short sighted. 

It seems odd that we may not end up 'needing' a traditional NT, but they sure did give it a look, didn't they?  Adjusting the scheme to the personnel at this point, I bet.  Was it we didn't need a hoss at NT all along or we couldn't find one worth keeping and are scheming accordingly?

I think it was the later.

Edited by 45catfan
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

17 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Reich stated to reporters and I'm paraphrasing:  'he's going to catch on to a team that utilizes a true NT.'  That tells me the team is comfortable without a wide-bodied NT.

Personally, I don't understand it. 

I didn’t hear him say that. What he said was that it came down to fit and there were 2 guys on the roster who have played better than him and jumped him on the depth chart.

• Pie 3

Wasn’t it stated that the defense wasn’t even playing most of Evero’s scheme and like the offense keeping things “vanilla”? 

preseason, new staff and player evaluation.

Looking at what has been shown/seen, this is the exact definition of having faith. 

Tho I know a lot of people don’t understand what’s happening this off-season so far. 

Im just hoping there is a lot us fans just don’t have insight into at this time. 

• Pie 1