• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What I'm looking for in the third preseason game

NAS

I'm honestly not worried about the Defense.  Evero will get those guys ready by Week 1 to stop the run against the Falcons.

My main concern is the offense, specifically the offensive line because it all starts up front.

- RBs must be able to run the ball and keep defenses off balance and catch passes out of the backfield

- OL must be able to protect Bryce Young, even in obvious passing situations, give him the time he needs to make the right read and throw. 

- Receivers need to run the right routes. Mingo is a stud but he still has a lot to learn when it comes to route running.  I also want to see Laviska used in this last game. 

That is what I want to see on Friday take a significant step forward.  Otherwise, we will struggle to score points this season and worse of all, will hinder Bryce's development as a QB.  He must be put in a position to be successful.    

Edited by NAS
  • Pie 1

I want to see Bryce move the first offense in the first half against their starters. I know we won't be opening up the playbook  totally but a few more rollouts, motion, etc would be nice. Not really worried about much else but since it is a home game I would like to win the game since I will be in attendance.

• Pie 5

Main concern is with the pass protection from the OL (Everyone but Moton really). Just worried they were insulated by a heavy run offense last season.  Defense probably needs some time to adjust to scheme and personnel changes.

No concerns with Bryce from what I've seen, he's looked very good in his limited snaps.

Everybody and they momma's chihuahua has been able to move the ball on our defense. Running and throwing the ball. Not sure if the team is still grapsing the scheme, if guys are out of position, or if its about playcalling.... but there's not excuse for how we've been getting bullied at the front, exposed over the middle, AND Beat downfield. 

Tackles. That what I want more of. Tackle football. 

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Evidence of competency. Downplay it all you want but what we've seen this preseason is concerning. Our OL hasn't slowed anyone down yet and our D is missing a lot of gap assignments. That's not a scheming thing. That's a lack of competency.

I would agree.  If you're getting exposed in 1v1s that's not due to scheme.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1