• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers trying to trade Corral?

ncfan

5 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

IMO this helps having Corral around.  Young size is and always will be a concern.  There isn't a LB or DE in this league that isn't going to miss a shot at lighting him up because he a smaller QB. 

The Kirk Cousin comparison is a good one.  I think given reps Corral is going to be a solid backup and possible start one day. Whether with the Panthers or someone else. 

Keeping and developing corral sounds good in theory but that means burning a roster spot for someone that probably isn’t going to help for 2 years.   Reich hasn’t shown he likes to carry 3 qbs in the past.   Most teams don’t.  It’s a waste and they use the ps to develop guys.  It’s just a matter of if a team claims him if we try to stash corral.   I think some team would have a look on general principle 

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Keeping and developing corral sounds good in theory but that means burning a roster spot for someone that probably isn’t going to help for 2 years.   Reich hasn’t shown he likes to carry 3 qbs in the past.   Most teams don’t.  It’s a waste and they use the ps to develop guys.  It’s just a matter of if a team claims him if we try to stash corral.   I think some team would have a look on general principle 

Probably a similar situation for whoever is in that roster spot. I don't have strong feelings either way. They can do as they see fit.

47 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Reports are Evero loves Chinn and is excited to use him as a big part of his defense.

Hard to buy them parting with him under those circumstances.

Yeah, he seems to be one of the most important pieces of what they like to do. I don't know why everyone is so eager to trade him off.

Nothing would surprise me though.

55 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Reports are Evero loves Chinn and is excited to use him as a big part of his defense.

Hard to buy them parting with him under those circumstances.

I've been extremely curious how we'll ultimately use Chinn. I don't think they're really showing their cards too much on that one in preseason.

16 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

but they still count toward your 53 man roster, so essentially he would be taking a space of someone who would in theory participate in a game

Stash him on the PS as a protected player unless Young gets hurt. It's unlikely (not impossible) that you need 3 qb's in 1 game.

My rule for trading Corral right now is the same as my rule for selling my house.  I'm not looking to do it, but if somebody rings the doorbell and offers me a huge price, sold.

The goal for Corral is to replace Dalton in time.  Any development he gets under this coaching staff is more than he got last year.  If he does live up to being a solid #2, he will be worth more next year or the following than he is now, both to us and others.

But, like I said, if somebody rings the doorbell and makes a deal too good to refuse.......

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

12 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

My rule for trading Corral right now is the same as my rule for selling my house.  I'm not looking to do it, but if somebody rings the doorbell and offers me a huge price, sold.

The goal for Corral is to replace Dalton in time.  Any development he gets under this coaching staff is more than he got last year.  If he does live up to being a solid #2, he will be worth more next year or the following than he is now, both to us and others.

But, like I said, if somebody rings the doorbell and makes a deal too good to refuse.......

Agreed entirely. The tools are there. You can have a cheap, young backup at a premium position.

He may develop into a nice asset, and that benefits us if something unfortunate happens with Bryce, or he gets a rep as an up and coming backup, and a team may bite if they are in need. 

He’s basically insurance. Won’t need him until you need him, but that makes more sense to me than a 5th linebacker that could be stashed on PS much easier. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1