• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Most Rivera thing ever

NAS

27 minutes ago, NCBlu said:

Now we see why he never got Cam a good OC. Just didn't know how trash the one he had was .. lol

Still can't believe Panthers didn't take the local guy QB that had lots of hype the yr before.... Oh well

We have Young no so it's all good.  Hope nothing but the best for Howell, but Young is the better prospect IMO. 

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, Day1PanthersFan said:

I was referring to the GM that went along with it, Fitt

Oh gotcha.  I guess it's hard to tell since he didn't have roster control.  From the way he is gutting Rhule's roster, I would assume he didn't agree with many of the players Rhule wanted but who knows.  

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Oh gotcha.  I guess it's hard to tell since he didn't have roster control.  From the way he is gutting Rhule's roster, I would assume he didn't agree with many of the players Rhule wanted but who knows.  

It could simply be the these guys are not quite good enough to play the positions the way this staff needs them to. Or they are just not very good at what they can do. I'm not losing any sleep over it. Hate it for those who are cut though. 

17 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

It could simply be the these guys are not quite good enough to play the positions the way this staff needs them to. Or they are just not very good at what they can do. I'm not losing any sleep over it. Hate it for those who are cut though. 

Oh I kind of like it for the team.  They are trying to solidify some depth.  It just shows me Fitt wasn't as high on these players as Rhule may have been.  

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Oh I kind of like it for the team.  They are trying to solidify some depth.  It just shows me Fitt wasn't as high on these players as Rhule may have been.  

I'm withholding my opinion on Fitterer for the time being.  There's a lot of bad moves that are unaccounted for during that era. The 2022 draft and offseason leading up to it is still murky as to who called the shots in my mind. Time will tell.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

19 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

There are a lot of skill sets involved in coaching, some more important than others depending on what position you hold. For a head coach, talent evaluation is kind of an important one.

There were certainly things To was good at, but that just wasn't one of them.

And Rivera is about average at it for an NFL head coach.  The reality is that most NFL coaches have some big misses and Rivera is no exception to that.  

• Pie 1

On 8/29/2023 at 6:53 AM, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

Nah, he is still here

Along with the person who hired him. And hired Rhule. And kept Rivera. And kept Hurney. And tried to interview a GM candidate from the Eagles while already having a GM in Hurney (which isn’t allowed and he got laughed at).

lol

can’t make this poo up.

I get it we have to be optimistic because we are stuck with him, but god damn I don’t get being mad about certain inept staff but not criticizing or deflect blame from the mofo that hired their dumbasses.

im not mad at the idiot employees trying to do their best, it’s the boss who should’ve known better and at least realized when they don’t know better and are incapable

lord help us

Edited by onmyown
  • Pie 2

19 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

I remember reading during the Rhule era, either a media guy or someone in the league, that their opinion was that we had a lot of players starting for us that wouldn’t on other teams. 
Our team was so horribly constructed as a NFL team.

Edited by TLGPanthersFan
  • Pie 1