• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trade: Panthers Acquire Ihmir Smith-Marsette from Chiefs

Bluetooth

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/vikings-receiver-ihmir-smith-marsette-234700983.html

“You can get some matchups sometimes,” offensive coordinator Wes Phillips said. “You hear defenses when there’s a three-receiver set, they’re calling out, ‘Hey, they’ve got speed at three.’ Because in certain coverages, split-safety coverages, some teams are asking that (middle linebacker) to carry (the No. 3 receiver) vertical.”

That’s where Smith-Marsette might be able to do some damage. You know what they say about speed.

“He’s able to stretch the defenses (and) put that vertical push on defenders to get them scared of his speed,” Osborn said. “He’s just a really dangerous weapon for us to have on offense.”

That’s not the only thing Osborn has noticed about Smith-Marsette.

“His route-running has got a lot better,” Osborn said. “He’s worked on that, and we can see it out here. He looks good.”

Asked about his growth since last season, Smith-Marsette credited fellow receivers Justin Jefferson and Adam Thielen. He said he’s been trying to be a sponge as much as possible. It appears to be paying off.

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

18 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

So we are either going to carry 7 WRs, put one of our WRs on pup or IR, or he is taking that last 6th WR spot.

I mean our WRs kind of suck, I wouldn't sweat the bottom of that particular part of the roster. 

Also did I see that right? A swapping of 7th rounders? Very presumptuous to assume they'll finish with a better record than us now that we have our Short King. 

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

30 minutes ago, Bluetooth said:

So far throughout TC and preseason he's played the NB or slot CB position. I haven't seen him lined up at S or LB yet

3 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

I mean our WRs kind of suck, I wouldn't sweat the bottom of that particular part of the roster. 

Also did I see that right? A swapping of 7th rounders? Very presumptuous to assume they'll finish with a better record than us now that we have our Short King. 

The 7th we sent was Arizona's so I think they're safe on that swap

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

I honestly think this could mean we might be looking fir a replacement to Blackshear as well.  I thought I liked what I saw from him last season in limited action, but he did not impress me much this preseason.

I'd rather they upgraded Hubbard.

• Pie 2