• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Corral has been cut

TheSpecialJuan

41 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

A lot of us wondered about that.

We've learned since his firing that Tepper actually became disillusioned with Rhule after his very first season, but still stuck with him for what would have been two more.

"Patient" is definitely one way to describe that.

Well, that gives me some faith that the man has a BS meter. 

In fairness to him when he hired The Process, he was in a room with two BS artists and the wife of one of them.  He was surround by a woman who put together some mean meatballs and two guys who were basically con-men.

• Beer 1

33 minutes ago, CRA said:

I mean, what the Panthers have been doing has been dumb.  Proven dumb. Hence, the losing.  Hence, being a comedy tour. 

Fitt is only good at his job via the perspective that he didn't actually do anything and was wallpaper in Matt Rhule's office his entire time.   Which again, gets into the nonsensical mental gymnastics I have grown tired of hearing.   Rhule becomes the scapegoat for all.  And Rhule is a dirty liar if he dares says others were part of the flaming bag of dog poo lol.  

Like I said, praise away.  Not everyone has to do the super fan schtick at the start of every season.  Something you have to accept.   Especially, when an org has been one of the worst in the NFL for some time now. 

Dude, we all get it. You don't like Fitterer. You think he should have been fired. Everybody gets it at this point.

The problem is that the reasoning behind your argument is, well... To be brutally honest, stupid.

And it's not a super fan thing. The vast majority of people here would agree that Fitterer will and should be given a chance to see what he can do without having to answer to The Meatball. That's where we are.

There are only a few people whining about it. You just happen to be the most vocal.

3 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

Well, that gives me some faith that the man has a BS meter. 

In fairness to him when he hired The Process, he was in a room with two BS artists and the wife of one of them.  He was surround by a woman who put together some mean meatballs and two guys who were basically con-men.

The story of that meeting is one of the things that made me uncomfortable about Rhule early on. Tried pretty hard to get past it, but it never really left.

For his part, Tepper has at least admitted that early on he genuinely believed he was the smartest guy in the room and was going to show the rest of the league how it was done.

Obviously he didn't, but the fact that he's willing to admit that is a good sign.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, top dawg said:

I don't understand why people are trying to make a big deal over Howell...and I've seen a mention of Brock Purdy...😂 Yeah, everyone saw that coming. All an FO (obviously including the GM) can do is make decisions based upon current information. Sometimes they get it wrong. Sometimes they get it right. There is no perfect FO. They just can't show a track record of compounding errors year after year without consequences. But there still has to be some perspective from the owner, least they want to be the Browns or Jets.

Lot of UNC fans here.  

Personally, I am not convinced that Howell, or Purdy, or Fields, or Young are above average NFL qbs yet. For fields, he should begin to show it this year.  For the others, maybe by next year, we will know.

9 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Dude, we all get it. You don't like Fitterer. You think he should have been fired. Everybody gets it at this point.

The problem is that the reasoning behind your argument is, well... To be brutally honest, stupid.

And it's not a super fan thing. The vast majority of people here would agree that Fitterer will and should be given a chance to see what he can do without having to answer to The Meatball. That's where we are.

There are only a few people whining about it. You just happen to be the most vocal.

Cool.  I don't think it is stupid at all to think Hurney should of been fired with Ron.  (and I think you just agreed with that a couple seconds ago responding to someone else LMAO).  Fitt with Rhule.  You can think different. 

what I think is stupid is some of the mental gymnastics and excuse making.  To each their own.  That's what I'm tired of.  Whether that's from the Panthers or fans.   

7 minutes ago, CRA said:

Cool.  I don't think it is stupid at all to think Hurney should of been fired with Ron.  (and I think you just agreed with that a couple seconds ago responding to someone else LMAO).  Fitt with Rhule.  You can think different. 

what I think is stupid is some of the mental gymnastics and excuse making.  To each their own.  That's what I'm tired of.  Whether that's from the Panthers or fans.   

Hurney should have been fired no matter who the coach was.

Schultz mentioned wondering what could have been if he'd been fired before Rivera. I added he's not the only one who wonders about that.

And no, that doesn't bolster your argument. Actually it's another point against it.

Guessing you didn't read that too carefully 😄

39 minutes ago, CRA said:

You're comparing apples to oranges though. They were two totally different situations with two different contexts. I don't think it's necessarily stupid to have your position, and I'll excuse you for seemingly lashing out by trying to incorrectly characterize giving rational reasons as to why Fitterer shouldn't have been fired as stupid. The fact is that both positions are rational, but I still believe that your position is ill-advised considering the context.

Scott Fitterer was not the man in charge, no matter what mental gymnastics you are using in order to insinuate that he was. Of course after Rhule was fired, the dynamics changed. 

Edited by top dawg
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

You're comparing apples to oranges though. They were two totally different situations with two different contexts. I don't think it's necessarily stupid to have your position, and I'll excuse you for seemingly lashing out by trying to incorrectly characterize giving rational reasons as to why Fitterer shouldn't have been fired as stupid. The fact is that both positions are rational, but I still believe that your position is ill-advised considering the context.

Scott Fitterer was not the man in charge, no matter what mental gymnastics you are using in order to insinuate that he was. Of course after Rhule was fired, the dynamics changed. 

just for clarification, I think the mental gymnastics of deflecting all blame is what is stupid.   I never said the position to keep Fitterer itself is stupid.  I don't like what keeping him allows the Panthers to do going forward.  Which is repeat the same cycle we keep seeing.  The blame game.  Blame Fitt if the results are up to satisfication.....and everyone else then gets defended.  Because that the current cycle repeating.  It's all Hurney.  Not Rule.  It's all Rhule.  Not Fitt.  Next cycle if unhappy, well Fitt was frankly a bad GM and Frank is great. 

I dislike the scapegoat cycle the Panthers are clearly entrenched in.  Which some fans adopt.  That's my take.  As a fan, I'd rather that be taken away from Tepper. 

3 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

The hot takes in this thread are comical. 

I'm trying to see how long Mr. Scot and CRA will keep this stalemate of a debate going. It's kinda like old people scewing, it take awhile just to get their clothes. By the time they do they've forgotten why they did. So they put their clothes back on and continue to argue about the temperature in the house.

• Beer 2