• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Panthers and Brian Burns not at all close to extension

TheSpecialJuan

10 minutes ago, Bostonheelfish said:

I’d rather trade another first and pay Chris Jones what he wants than pay Burns what he wants.

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard of

You'd rather give up yet another first round pick to get to pay $30 million (and thus likely not able to pay Brown at the same position next year) over just paying that $30 million to Burns and then still keeping our 2025 first round pick and then able to re-sign Brown?

That's basically taking Chris Jones over Burns (who is 4 years younger), Brown, and a 2025 First (remember we don't have our 2nd that year anymore either)

Edited by tukafan21
  • Pie 1

5 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

People complaining about Burns not being signed. 
Gonna be really entertaining reading the posts that complain that we just overpayed him when his play inevitably doesn’t stack up to what he is being payed. 
Ya’ll know it is gonna happen. 

Depends how you mean it

I'm personally in the camp of saying we just need to pay the man what he's asking for, that in 2 years it will be borderline top 10 for pass rushers anyways (plus I think he's going to break out for 15+ sacks this year).

If his play doesn't live up to it, I won't say we overpaid, because we do need to pay that to get him longterm right now in this market, but I'll say that he's not playing like he is being paid to and I'll put it on him.

Unless he's asking for like $32 a year and we give it to him, it will always be on him to live up to the contract, not about whether Fitterer made a bad deal.  I understand why the team is trying to get it lower, but paying 28-30 a year for him is a completely fair and justifiable price for him right now in this market.

But yes, the people who don't want to give him that number right now will of course say we overpaid for him if that happens.

Edited by tukafan21
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Depends how you mean it

I'm personally in the camp of saying we just need to pay the man what he's asking for, that in 2 years it will be borderline top 10 for pass rushers anyways (plus I think he's going to break out for 15+ sacks this year).

If his play doesn't live up to it, I won't say we overpaid, because we do need to pay that to get him longterm right now in this market, but I'll say that he's not playing like he is being paid to and I'll put it on him.

Unless he's asking for like $32 a year and we give it to him, it will always be on him to live up to the contract, not about whether Fitterer made a bad deal.  I understand why the team is trying to get it lower, but paying 28-30 a year for him is a completely fair and justifiable price for him right now in this market.

But yes, the people who don't want to give him that number right now will of course say we overpaid for him if that happens.

What I mean is we pay him and then he plays the exact same. Disappearing in games, taken out by TEs, and manhandled by bigger OL. 
Pretty much the same thing that happened after we overpayed Shaq. 
Nothing changed and he was still the same mediocre LB he has always been. 
Not calling Burns mediocre. He is a really good pass rusher, but at what he wants I expect him to be a good at everything and elite at some things. 

• Pie 1

36 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

What I mean is we pay him and then he plays the exact same. Disappearing in games, taken out by TEs, and manhandled by bigger OL. 
Pretty much the same thing that happened after we overpayed Shaq. 
Nothing changed and he was still the same mediocre LB he has always been. 
Not calling Burns mediocre. He is a really good pass rusher, but at what he wants I expect him to be a good at everything and elite at some things. 

LOL you guys slay me.

2 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

Depends how you mean it

What’s stopping him from holding out in 3 years time if contacts keep going up? Can’t just keep bending over backwards for players that are on contract 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1