• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Week 1: Panthers vs Falcons

TheCasillas

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

You drafted him in the first and you are debating about starting him?  Not sure I follow here.

I have other backs ahead of him his projected points are still low currently it's only Friday. I could easily slide him into the W/R spot Sunday morning I'm waiting to hear confirmation about Burns. Fairly straightforward to follow.

7 minutes ago, frankw said:

I have other backs ahead of him his projected points are still low currently it's only Friday. I could easily slide him into the W/R spot Sunday morning I'm waiting to hear confirmation about Burns. Fairly straightforward to follow.

No way I am sitting my first round pick no matter who they play.  Who are your other options?

6 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

It's a passing league. It is much easier to score through the air than on the ground. Stop the pass, then worry about the run 

I thought it's a matchup league you exploit your opponents weaknesses to max. I understand what you're saying but usually you beat your opponent by exploiting there weaknesses. Remember teams running for 200 plus last season on us in this passing league but rarely passing for 350 or something crazy like that because we couldn't stop the run but have done well against good passing offenses.

26 minutes ago, trucpfan said:

I thought it's a matchup league you exploit your opponents weaknesses to max. I understand what you're saying but usually you beat your opponent by exploiting there weaknesses. Remember teams running for 200 plus last season on us in this passing league but rarely passing for 350 or something crazy like that because we couldn't stop the run but have done well against good passing offenses.

We were 8th in the league in yards per rush. So our run D wasn't as bad as folks make it out to be. You can rush all you want. If you don't have a QB, it makes it much tougher to score.

Edit to add; Also, the thing about rushing teams. It takes much longer to put a drive together, which makes every mistake that much more important and more difficult to overcome. 

If you have a hold on 1st down, now it's 2nd and 20. Chances of getting that first down running the ball are far less than passing for it. 

Edited by Gerry Green

15 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

We were 8th in the league in yards per rush. So our run D wasn't as bad as folks make it out to be. You can rush all you want. If you don't have a QB, it makes it much tougher to score.

Edit to add; Also, the thing about rushing teams. It takes much longer to put a drive together, which makes every mistake that much more important and more difficult to overcome. 

If you have a hold on 1st down, now it's 2nd and 20. Chances of getting that first down running the ball are far less than passing for it. 

The downside is also an upside. If you sustain long drives with success, then your opponent feels the pressure to make the most of their drives, since they get fewer drives. 

Is there anything worse than a ball control opponent keeping the ball all game? The best defensive strategy is often not allowing the opposing offense play at all lol. 

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

The downside is also an upside. If you sustain long drives with success, then your opponent feels the pressure to make the most of their drives, since they get fewer drives. 

Is there anything worse than a ball control opponent keeping the ball all game? The best defensive strategy is often not allowing the opposing offense play at all lol. 

Sure long ball controlled drives are disheartening. But they are a bittch to sustain because every mistake can be a drive killer. Not many teams can run it up and down the field and never make mistakes. Running the ball is fine. But it's passing the ball where the points are at.