• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My 2 cents

Zod

25 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

Same. Teddy, Darnold, and even PJ had better games than Bryce did today. 

I believe Bryce is better than all those guys, but he didn’t show it today. 

Let’s not pretend today was something better than what it was. If Bryce is a “super computer” like hyped to be, he will watch the tape, learn, and grow. 

Too early in this young man’s career to give up, but let’s call a spade a spade today. 

And other QBs looked like hot garbage. Burrow was benched.  Let’s judge Bryce at the end of the season

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I didn't see special processing. Throwing two staredown INTs late across the middle isn't special processing. I'm not saying the guy is a bust, I'm just saying his debut wasn't very impressive. Plenty of great have had subpar debuts.

There isn’t much to work with stretching the field and Jessie bates just sat in the middle. 

I thought he looked okay, but not really NFL ready. He threw multiple picks and only finished one drive. I think he'll get better, for sure, but I thought today was very shaky (and maybe not unexpected). If we're still seeing these same issues a few weeks down the road then I'll be concerned.

• Beer 1

36 minutes ago, Mage said:

No disrespect but this is pretty outlandish.  I guess I could also say JaMarcus Russell had a better game than Bryce did today too, context be damned.

Of course Teddy and Darnold have had better games.  They have far more NFL starts, there are more games to choose from.  What kind of logic is this?

Did you read the OP? Read the whole post. Read my whole post. 

You’re right about context. That also applies to comments you reply to. 

Your response seems like you read “Teddy, Darnold, and PJ are better than Bryce.”

But that’s not what I said. But context be damned. 

Young is not up to the speed of the game. He may be able to adjust, he would be expected to by most people. Hope that happens fast.

It wasn’t Mayfield bad, and he didn't proclaim himself Great  or trade everything away so he could be here, so I will not direct bad stuff at him.

My concern has been his velocity vs NFL defenders, re fitting balls into spots. I am hoping it is the speed, it is just more than he geared up for. Hoping he can adjust. Can’t give the ball away. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, thebdawg said:

Did we watch the same game? He threw 2 bad interceptions. He missed pretty bad on a couple deep shots that were open. And then down 14 with 4 minutes left checked down or threw away every single pass, didn’t even try to get in the end zone. I love Bryce and I really want him to be a great player but he didn’t pass many eye tests there.

Probably one of the most accurate posts about his game today. I hope this was first game jitters or something combined with bad playcalling, but he did not look good today.

• Pie 2