• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

HEAVENS TO BETSY, LOOK AT THESE WIDE-OPEN RECEIVERS

Carl Spackler

8 hours ago, Cdparr7 said:

I compared him to Dewayne Jarrett 2 years ago and got like 15 poos on a post.

People here get way to high of expectations on new players here and then act offended when they don’t work out. 

If you go off of our draft history usually 1 player (maybe 2) become contributing starters, 1 (maybe 2) stick around as depth guys longer than 2 years. The rest get cut or tossed on the PS it’s just fact. Very rarely do you get a draft where you load up on studs.

Bryce Young, Jonathan Mingo, DJ Johnson, Chandler Zavala, Jammie Robinson

Probably 1 out of will be long term, 1-2 will be on the team longer than a few years the others will drop off. Same thing every draft.

My guess Bryce is the long term guy, Mingo and Zavala pan out a few years and either drop off or don’t get resigned and Robinson and Johnson turn out to be duds.

I always agreed on TMJ. His problem has been separating. It was always so funny how people assumed he was hurt his rookie year and last year way more than he was. He missed a few games but his snap count said he was WR3 with Robbie and WR2 without him. When everyone assumes you are out when you are playing it means you aren’t open so the QB isn’t throwing it your way.

Our drafting has been very suspect the past 3 drafts. First, we traded away a ton of draft picks on Young, Darnold, Mayfield, Corral, CJ and DJ. 10 picks in all. Basically a full draft plus rounds 1-3 in a second draft. All we have to show for it now is Young and maybe DJ. We already know CJ sucks and the rest are gone. Young has to workout otherwise we are rebuilding again in a few years on a meh base. We aren’t starting with a playoff team like SF who fuged up the Trey Lance trade but had the talent to recover and let Purdy blossom. I think Young would excel as well with CMC, Kittle, Deebo and Aiyuk as well.

• Pie 1

12 hours ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

What I saw is adjustments from the Falcons bumping coverage up and daring Bryce or our receivers to run deep. We did it once from our own 1 yard line and Bryce badly missed on a deep throw. We never tried to throw deep again.

That is telling me either the coaching staff thinks Bryce can't throw it deep or the oline can't hold up enough for a deep throw

If the Oline can't hold up long enough, then roll him out so he can buy the time to do so.

This receiver room is going to struggle all year

Has Chark ever had a year that he did not miss multiple games ? 

Thielen is not what he used to be and Terrance seems to not have a brain to save himself…rule 1 for receivers….never ever stop on your route…rule two, come back to your QB when he is in trouble….these concepts are just too much for him

I’m just so perplexed at what the personnel people are doing here…,add to it what appears to be no mid level depth on routes…for the love of god, you kept 4 TEs, use them at that 10 to 15 yard distance 

14 hours ago, CRA said:

Our playcalling and skill talent requires too much from a rookie QB.   Requires him to play at a high level for success.  

It literally looked like the timing from old Saints teams. I was like if this is the level they want to operate at, then its going to take time. The comeback route misses at end of first half were an indication that these guys have to get more reps together. The downfield misses seemed like they just haven't been on the field together enough. 

15 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rs18jn-zj0Q

WOW

such separation

much open

Screenshot 2023-09-10 at 7.35.19 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-09-10 at 7.35.41 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-09-10 at 7.36.28 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-09-10 at 7.36.56 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-09-10 at 7.37.51 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-09-10 at 7.37.58 PM.png

1st panel: obvious choice is the TE and looks like he would have gotten some yardage. If you look closely at the edge of the frame, one of out WR is about to pass his defender.

2nd: clearly Thielen. His closest defender isn't even facing his direction. 

3rd: nobody looks open.

4th: clearly the guy in the flat at the bottom of the screen. Nobody close.

5th: maybe TMJ is "bait", but give it a second to develop, otherwise check down.

4 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

Looked to me like I addressed that in the second post

I didn't read your follow-up post.  Generally speaking, the smart thing to do would be to put all of your points into one post, rather than back-to-back posts.  You did a fine job of leaving out the tiny little 99 YARD detail in regard to said non-touchdown.

1 hour ago, DeAngelo Beason said:

I didn't read your follow-up post.  Generally speaking, the smart thing to do would be to put all of your points into one post, rather than back-to-back posts.  You did a fine job of leaving out the tiny little 99 YARD detail in regard to said non-touchdown.

Thanks man! I'd be remiss if I didn't point out the ridiculousness of your Jimmy Clausen comparison.

Granted, Clausen needed three games to throw his first touchdown pass, by which point he'd amassed four turnovers, while Bryce waited a much longer four possessions to throw his. Plus, there's an endless array of differences beyond that. But to your credit, you stated reality in the face and said "Nope, not today."