• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Are you as passionate towards Panthers football as you used to be?

Sean Payton's Vicodin

Are you as passionate towards Panthers football as you used to be?  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Topic title

• Yes
    • No

2 minutes ago, The Natural said:

As a teenager (mid 2000's era) the Panthers had a HUGE affect on me emotionally. A loss would ruin my day if not my week. These days pretty much as soon as the game is over win or lose I'm back to my baseline. They are still my team and I watch every game but I think I have a much healthier relationship with them.

I wonder—is it healthy or have we just been close too many times and are just less emotional these days? Probs a combination. Less reactive, just more meh, we’ll there’s another loss.

I would definitely be stoked if we were to become a new powerhouse contender but don’t think the personal investment would be there like it was when we were younger. 

That 03-08 stretch had some real impressionable football memories for many of us in that bracket (older millennial). Not trying to pit age groups or anything, more an observation

Of course things change. My favorite Panther team was the 2005 team. That was a Superbowl caliber team. Shut out the Giants on the road in the playoffs. Then beat the doors off the Bears in Chicago. Went to Seattle for the NFC championship game with just Smith and Goings, and Morgan playing with a shoulder harness. Smith was a cheat code that entire season. That team had grit and character and skill.

There have been other years where they have been good, and years where it's so-so, and then some absolute garbage. You don't get excited for the garbage, but this current streak is really getting tiresome.

I gave up on the NFL after the SB loss due to horrible officiating, which I see hasn't gotten any better.  Can't help but to think there's bias in the league.  Used to be a die hard and attend at least one of the Huddle Tailgates per year back in the early days of this forum.  I really miss that camaraderie.  Anyway, I've picked up horseback riding on Sundays with my wife.  Life is a lot less stressful now.

Edited by Woodcookedbbq
  • Pie 1

5 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

SB 50 broke me, I had kids, time is occupied by more important things.

I think I enjoy the idea of the panthers more than the actual team itself these days.

Same. Think it would have waned for me regardless but SB50 and the Cam/Luke/Greg exodus accelerated it

Every year I get sucked back in. Believing the hype. By weeks 6 Ill be mostly checked out. I still attened most of the home games, but I have learned to just enjoy going for the tailgating and fellowship. I will always be a fan. It's burnt into my soul, but it's hard to be constant losers. 

Watching the game yesterday at a local bar here in town. I live 1.5 hours from the stadium in SC. We were literally the only Panthers fans in a packed house. Steelers, Bengals, Commanders, 49ers, Falcons, and Browns were all well represented in the place. It's also Impossible to find any Panthers Gear or Items in general in these parts. I have to order online or drive up to Charlotte to find anything. It just seems like the fan base in SC is gone. It never was huge down here, but I'm about the only Panthers fan I ever see around this way. Been that way since about 2018-19 maybe. 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, BrewerHouseBeer said:

It just seems like the fan base in SC is gone. It never was huge down here, but I'm about the only Panthers fan I ever see around this way. Been that way since about 2018-19 maybe. 

I'm on the SC coast in Charleston and I've seen similar. I will say that SC fans are far more invested in Clemson-USC, and college football/SEC more than NFL. That said, 1 of the local tv stations here airs the Jags Sunday show, and Panthers and Falcons are both broadcast on the radio. When the team is good, there is more participation and fan presence though.

I'm not as passionate because since 2008 I have watched my accounts be banned in this fan space for bullshit other members with higher post count get away with. 

I had an account banned because i called out Ricky Spanish or whatever for violating his own sticky thread about political and false news stuff related to covid. I saw threads of this asshat 4corners where others screenshotted him literally going through every one of their previous posts giving them poo..... dude literally spend hours going through this one cats post history to poo hundreds of threads

So really my fandom has decreased because the one place I can be a fan is a shithole good ol boys club where the users with the higher post counts live where the rules set forth do not apply to them. 

• Pie 1