• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What magic can we pull to find a receiver?

RIPTreyLance

3 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Woof, just saw this:

f01ade2j3jnb1.jpg?auto=webp&s=26fbe890432d298b0f50a2e49d874d20e4412f2f

If were are going forward with this group, they need to serious work with Shenault on his routes and hands.  He can get open and is a force once the ball is in his hands, but he's not a comfortable 'hands' catcher and to my knowledge isn't the most polished route runner.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think he only has limited route tree capabilities.

My stock on TMJ is at an all-time low.  Considering I was never high on him in the first place, that's saying something.

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

If were are going forward with this group, they need to serious work with Shenault on his routes and hands.  He can get open and is a force once the ball is in his hands, but he's not a comfortable 'hands' catcher and to my knowledge isn't the most polished route runner.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think he only has limited route tree capabilities.

My stock on TMJ is at an all-time low.  Considering I was never high on him in the first place, that's saying something.

Shenault is a horrible route runner.  They are doing great with him.  All you can do is scheme plays up for him.   He is a gadget roleplayer.  

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, JawnyBlaze said:

What about that young guy we just grabbed from the Chiefs? I forget his name but he’s supposed to be quick and has potential. It was probably too soon to throw him into the lineup yesterday but once he has the offense down he could be our stretch the field guy. 

The word on him is raw, but with a lot of potential.  They could have gave him some limited plays, but I guess the staff thought it was a bit too soon.  I imagine he will see a few offensive snaps next week.

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

Shenault is a horrible route runner.  They are doing great with him.  All you can do is scheme plays up for him.   He is a gadget roleplayer.  

We used him beautifully on the opening drive and then just seemingly abandoned it. We have to get him the ball more frequently.

Edited by therealmjl
  • Beer 1

23 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

What about that young guy we just grabbed from the Chiefs? I forget his name but he’s supposed to be quick and has potential. It was probably too soon to throw him into the lineup yesterday but once he has the offense down he could be our stretch the field guy. 

Chicago had him for a few games last year and the fans loved him because he apparently helped secure them the #1 pick.

So that says something...

35 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Chicago had him for a few games last year and the fans loved him because he apparently helped secure them the #1 pick.

So that says something...

Naw if you watch Chicago last year or yesterday JF and their lack of playmaking helped them secure that number one draft pick. He doesn't scan the field and throw players open in his 3rd year. It's all check downs or him taking off running it's really an elementary looking offense.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, therealmjl said:

We used him beautifully on the opening drive and then just seemingly abandoned it. We have to get him the ball more frequently.

I mean, but he is a gadget roleplayer.   You can only go to that well so much.  Plus, if you leave him out there to try to make it less obvious it becomes just a WR that runs bad routes and can't get separation.   2-3 touches is about what that type guy is supposed to do.  The problem is elsehwere IMO.