• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chris Simms on Bryce Young

NAS

14 minutes ago, csx said:

We were a playoff team in 2017 so we were drafting towards the ends of the rounds. We took Moore round 1. Bates was taken just before our second round pick when we took Jackson.

Oh never mind, I thought the Falcons signed him as a free agent. I barely keep up with their roster as I can't stand them or driving in that damn forever road work and dead ass stopped congested traffic city of theirs.

Edited by Ricky Prickles

Simms is continuing this narrative that we have a bad o-line. First Take said the same last week. I'm getting a little annoyed by this. The line looked good yesterday...like it did most last season. We get it, the line made some uncharacteristic mistakes in the 2nd preseason game, but c'mon!

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, 45catfan said:

The first INT wasn't horrible, Bates is a great safety with quick breaking skills.  One step later for Jesse, that would have been a completion or at least not an INT. 

The second one though, that was a bad throw by Bryce.   Same spot, same defender in the area and led the receiver too much. 

I thought maybe Bryce was trying to be cute on the second one. Like he was trying to bait Bates. 

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, CRA said:

I mean, Chark would help.  But he isn't reliable to really count on.  Just a bonus. 

and it's the modern day NFL.  You can't really just have 1 person that can go vertical either.  I mean, you aren't' going to have a roster of Tyreek Hills but most teams have more than one human that can challenge teams deep to an extent. 

We need to get Mingo vertical more too. He is a big body with some speed. Young overthrew him on a possible 99 yard TD. 

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, weyco2000 said:

Did Bates even move on the 2 picks? Looks like he was reading the QB’s eyes. Don’t get me wrong, they were on target for completions but an adjustment/coaching should’ve happened after the first pick, Bates just camped out in the middle of the field and we never adjusted. Maybe if we had let Bryce and the offense practice running these secret plays in the preseason would’ve helped, who knows? 

The first INT, yes, Bates jumped the route. The second one was thrown pretty much right to him.

23 minutes ago, Cary Kollins said:

Look, possibly the best QB of his generation Patrick Mahomes looked average with subpar weapons in his first game this year. Anyone making snap judgements about Bryce at this point shouldn’t be taken seriously.

Mahomes also made it to the conference championship his first year starring, can we compare Bryce to him in that aspect too?

Edited by PanthersGOATFan336

1 minute ago, DeAngelo Beason said:

Another thing I've noticed few people discussing is his woefully slow dropback and flat feet.  Zero urgency in his dropback.  Thankfully I think that's relatively coachable.

It's Brady-ish. I don't think coaches should worry about "fixing" stuff like that.  You can ruin dudes tinkering with what got them to this level. 

It would be like trying to fix Phillip Rivers shotputting the ball.  That's just what they are. 

• Pie 3

32 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

I didn't play QB in the NFL, but Simms has been wrong before too, and I just was not impressed in the least bit with what I saw.  As I said before, Bryce has to rely greatly on his supporting cast to be effective, but when he's also missing throws to that supporting cast that are essentially layups, then it just further cancels out any positives he possesses.  Again, it's why I preferred AR because he doesn't need other players to win a game bc he can make plays on his own and outs a ton of pressure on defense with his tendency to run.  

what does this even mean? He lost yesterday and couldn't even finish the game trying to "make plays on his own"

Edited by jb2288

2 hours ago, NAS said:

NFL is a game of margins .  Sometimes, one player can make all the difference.  We sure could have used him yesterday.

True.  A Kelce.  A Tyreek Hill.    But that's not DJ Chark.  And those teams are loaded with speed that gets open. 

I mean Mahomes had a bad day...but it's not because his WRs couldn't get open.   They were having different issues. 

13 minutes ago, CRA said:

True.  A Kelce.  A Tyreek Hill.    But that's not DJ Chark.  And those teams are loaded with speed that gets open. 

I mean Mahomes had a bad day...but it's not because his WRs couldn't get open.   They were having different issues. 

Well maybe on those two INTs, a DJ Chark would have kept the free safety a step deeper.  That's all I'm saying..