• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jaycee Horn expected to miss multiple weeks

jamos14

38 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Does it really matter at this point?

This is not a playoff team even with a healthy Horn.

Horn at this point can't be counted on to play a full season. It is what it is.

It sorta does. Frankly he has shown us he can't stay healthy when on field. It will just happen again next year when expectations are higher and patience running even more thin. 

15 minutes ago, rebelrouser said:

I thought we picked Horn over Surtain because he was a local hero. Fields sucks, but we are about to gift them a really good first round draft pick.  

I always thought we picked Horn because Fitt was our GM and he was the most similar to the LOB DBs.   Which was the foundation of the success of the franchise he came from. 

• Beer 1

4 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

I wonder if there's any starting-worthy corner out there available for trade?  Otherwise, Henderson is about to single-handedly lose games during this period.  I still would've rather us have kept Taylor over Henderson.

We really should've taken Surtain.  Hell, even Fields at this point.

PS2, Slater, Devonta, Parsons, Darrisaw…it’s crazy how many hits were around what seems like a dud when we had every defensive player in the entire draft at our disposal to pick from. SMH 

• Flames 1

18 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

PS2, Slater, Devonta, Parsons, Darrisaw…it’s crazy how many hits were around what seems like a dud when we had every defensive player in the entire draft at our disposal to pick from. SMH 

People need to stop calling Horn a dud

When on the field, he's played like a Top 10 corner

Nobody can predict injuries in the NFL unless they already struggled to stay healthy in college, something that wasn't an issue with Horn.

I get being upset that so many others in that range are turning into stars, but this is just a bad luck situation much more than just a bad pick.  If he sucked when on the field, then yes, it would have been just a bad pick, but that's not the case here.

• Pie 3

5 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Nobody can predict injuries in the NFL unless they already struggled to stay healthy in college, something that wasn't an issue with Horn.

I get being upset that so many others in that range are turning into stars, but this is just a bad luck situation much more than just a bad pick.  If he sucked when on the field, then yes, it would have been just a bad pick, but that's not the case here.

It’s a word I deem appropriate when there’s this much time missed. His fault or not, he’s in the 3rd year of his 4 year rookie contract. Does not look promising we’ll pick up his option. Sucks for the guy, but it’s the reality.

45 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Availability trumps all.    Horn is worthless unless he is on the field.  He has missed more games than he has played going on 3 years.  He barely played Sunday.

Overall, to date, it has been a wasted 8th overall pick.

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, poundaway said:

Availability trumps all.    Horn is worthless unless he is on the field.  He has missed more games than he has played going on 3 years.  He barely played Sunday.

Overall, to date, it has been a wasted 8th overall pick.

Yes, I agree, always liked the phrase of "the best ability is availability"

But too many people are trying to blame Fitterer for taking Horn over those other guys who are all blowing up.  I'm not saying Fitterer hasn't done a bunch of things that deserve questioning and criticism, but this pick isn't one of them.

There are tons of first round picks that stay healthy and are still busts, those are the ones where it's fair to be upset at your GM for taking them over other better players.  But not for someone who has performed at an elite level when on the field but just keeps getting hurt, those are just unfortunate picks that didn't work out for the team, but not a bad pick.

Bottom line, if Horn has stayed healthy, people might have wished we took Surtain, Parsons, or Smith over him, but I don't think people would be upset with Horn the player, and that's a key difference to me.