• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Burns still voicing his opinion about getting paid through the fans…..

WarPanthers89

3 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

I'll pay him based on his contribution in the second half - y'know, when the game was on the line.

$3.50 - take it or leave it. 

That’s not really fair because they stopped passing due to Burns dominating. He had a 3rd dumb sack to forced a punt and a 3rd down TFL to force another punt in the 1st half which helped keep the game close in the first place. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 4
  • Flames 1

The defense was damn good in the first half and Burns and Brown were the leading contributors to that. If your only way to poo on them is the second half well that's how football goes. It's still a team sport and eventually the defense goes as the offense goes and when guys see the offense farting around and giving field position and free points to the other team the wheels will fall off no matter if you have multiple hall of famers on defense. You have to reward their effort. It's on the coaching staff to clean this up. And pay your talent already get the Burns deal done asap.

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 3

5 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I would like to see a breakdown.  I feel like most of the big runs were not to the side he was playing at.  I definitely could be wrong....

The Allgier TD was right at him, though he was ultimately double teamed IIRC. There was another big gash in the second half to his side as well.

I think the big runs in the first half were not at him.

1 minute ago, therealmjl said:

The Allgier TD was right at him, though he was ultimately double teamed IIRC. There was another big gash in the second half to his side as well.

I think the big runs in the first half were not at him.

I think he was rotating spots on the line also.  

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/lists/panthers-falcons-pff-grades-week-1-bryce-young-chuba-hubbard-brian-burns-derrick-brown/

I found this which gave both him and Brown a 68 overall PFF rating.  Troy Hill did great for people that like PFF.  It's hit or miss to me.