• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

All-22 Review: Panthers @ Falcons [Week 1 - 2023]

TheCasillas

1 minute ago, Silent Majority said:

Bryce doesn't have that dog in him, IMO. Maybe he can use skill and scheme to be successful. He has all the tools. I just have never seen him be an aggressor or tenacious. He doesn't go hunting. He just kind of let's things come to him. 

psshhhh dawg traits are for punters, kickers, and long snappers. Not QBs... 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

that last tweet... it's a double move route in the middle of the field... there is only a handful of receivers who could do that faster ... handful may even be generous.

The issue is that Bryce looked away too quickly. If AT was the go to there, then if Bryce throws the ball early... then it's there. Makes it a 3 second play instead of 4 seconds.

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Beer 1

41 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

that last tweet... it's a double move route in the middle of the field... there is only a handful of receivers who could do that faster ... handful may even be generous.

The issue is that Bryce looked away too quickly. If AT was the go to there, then if Bryce throws the ball early... then it's there. Makes it a 3 second play instead of 4 seconds.

Pressure is coming around what looks like the RG before or right as AT breaks that double move so it looks like me might have dropped his eyes at that point. I think he had room to step into the pocket and take that shot, but he might have went to escape where there was a free late rusher.

3 hours ago, Silent Majority said:

Lol. They are going to ratio me to death 

That's because it was a lousy take.

Young is, by all accounts, the kind of guy who lives and breathes football, similar to if Luke Kuechly were a quarterback.

It's a big reason why they trust him...and indication so far are that they should.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 2

5 hours ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Well you might want to go back and check some threads after the draft because thats exactly what it was on here. A lot of people on here claimed he was already the best qb in the division, of course any smart person saw the narratives changing the closer we got to the season. But the main thing was bryce was the most pro ready, hell even generational,  and coming into a better situation then the other rookie qbs and most rookie qbs in nfl history. Now that aint the case no more apparently, it changed real fast. 

He is in a good situation just not a perfect situation. Even if he is the most "pro ready" That doesn't mean he's going to come into the NFL and throw for 300 yards and 3 TDs. That means he's the most mentally equipped to handle the NFL game which means making mistakes and learning from them to grow into a good QB. Most rookies struggle their first year. They make bad mistakes, they are learning on the job. That kind of thing is going to happen unless you're Pat Mahomes which is more of an exception not the rule. Regardless logic isn't going to stop people from freaking out and having melt downs during Year 1 of the Young/Reich Era. Remember we only won 6 games in Cams rookie season and he had one of the best rookie seasons for a QB in NFL history. Just gotta give Young some time to grow. There are going to be a lot of ups and downs this year

On 9/13/2023 at 2:58 PM, Mr. Scot said:

That's because it was a lousy take.

Young is, by all accounts, the kind of guy who lives and breathes football, similar to if Luke Kuechly were a quarterback.

It's a big reason why they trust him...and indication so far are that they should.

It's mine. Why should I be concerned because yours differs from mine. I simply do not think he is aggressive. He is safe. If I'm proven wrong so be it. Never said I disliked the kid. You all are hilarious. 

1 hour ago, Silent Majority said:

It's mine. Why should I be concerned because yours differs from mine. I simply do not think he is aggressive. He is safe. If I'm proven wrong so be it. Never said I disliked the kid. You all are hilarious. 

There's a bit of a difference between safe and cautious.  At times last week he was cautious but in college he certainly played aggressively when he needed to.  He was a play maker by extending plays etc and I think we will see more of that as he grows... I remember some pre draft videos where he was fitting the ball into windows that would be called risky.

• Pie 2