• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Baker

RumHam

They didn't ruin him. He was mediocre before and he will be again. Sam was mediocre before and will be again. Cam became a tackling dummy and was bound to get hurt with his style of playing. 

The organization is guilty of not having a decent line and JAG wide outs for most of his career. The other two guys had a sh*t track record before they got here.

• Pie 1

20 minutes ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

The Curse of Cam

Having him get destroyed for years and drafting WNBA players like Kelvin Benjamin and not O-linemen put a karma hex on this franchise.

Cam’s oline actually ranked average his whole career. And at one point he had almost two 1k rushers and two 1k receivers (considering TE).

Cam was wasted due to dumb coaching that’s the argument.

• Pie 2

38 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Only this franchise could have ruined him. Good on him. The Charlotte browns remain trash. Bryce young also looks bored in the pocket. Even stroud put up numbers today, he still a bust though. Wonder if we can get a first for burns at the deadline

kingsley shut up GIF

16 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Yeah, talking about what a franchise or fans "deserve" is silly in general. But as far as Newton, pretty much nobody associated with his career even works here anymore, so I don't know who's supposed to "deserve" anything.

I'm in my feels, Scot.  Had we took care of him, he would likely still be in his prime, slinging deep balls 70 yards with the flick of a wrist while being the most dangerous and dynamic goalline back the game has ever seen.

Instead, we put ourselves in purgatory for almost 5 years now and still don't know what we might have in the rookie we just drafted, when all we had to do was not fug up the proven talent we had in Cam.  It sucks.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

8 minutes ago, csx said:

Fans deserve it? What the fug are you saying?

Really just a figure of speech and it pisses me off when I think about how badly we wasted Cam's career and that window (with Luke as well).

And tbh, some fans do deserve it...  there were plenty of people willing to die on Gettleman's Hill, singing his praises.  He is literally almost single-handedly the reason Cam's career ended the way it did.  And yeah, that pisses me off too.

• Beer 2

1 minute ago, Proudiddy said:

Really just a figure of speech and it pisses me off when I think about how badly we wasted Cam's career and that window (with Luke as well).

And tbh, some fans do deserve it...  there were plenty of people willing to die on Gettleman's Hill, singing his praises.  He is literally almost single-handedly the reason Cam's career ended the way it did.  And yeah, that pisses me off too.

Your timeline is way off, dude. Gettleman was fired in 2017. Newton was still around until Rhule was hired.

6 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

I'm in my feels, Scot.  Had we took care of him, he would likely still be in his prime, slinging deep balls 70 yards with the flick of a wrist while being the most dangerous and dynamic goalline back the game has ever seen.

Instead, we put ourselves in purgatory for almost 5 years now and still don't know what we might have in the rookie we just drafted, when all we had to do was not fug up the proven talent we had in Cam.  It sucks.

No real guarantee of that given Newton's playing style.

Nor does it really matter anymore. And no, it doesn't mean anybody "deserves" to suffer for it.

This is football, not justice.