• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Saints at Panthers MNF thread

Zod

11 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

I wanted all of them. CJ or AR honestly at the time but AR looks like the real deal

I am glad we didn’t take AR. Two games, two injuries. Second one worse than the first. 
He isn’t the second coming of Cam and unless they find a better balance of his designed runs his career will be short lived. 

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

55 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Lol, you got Burrow and that's it.  The rest struggled.  Rookie QBs need to sit, period.  The higher the draft pick the fewer game they sit, but throwing their arse to the wolves is, and always has been, a bad idea.  That is unless you are FULLY prepared to take on a losing...sometimes UGLY losing season. In today's NFL, HCs have about two years to turn it around.  That being said you can hope the rookie is forged by fire after a brutal rookie campaign OR start a veteran an ease the rookie in if the things aren't going swimmingly after the first several games.

Yeah, before Carolina got a team I was a Cowboys fan. Look at Dallas in the 90's when they built their dynasty. Troy Aikman started his first season and they went 1-15 I think.

Aikman played his first NFL preseason game on August 26, 1989 against the Denver Broncos. His NFL debut started with a 28–0 loss to the New Orleans Saints. The following week, Aikman threw his first touchdown pass, a 65-yard completion to Michael Irvin, but the Atlanta Falcons intercepted two passes and won. In a game against the Phoenix Cardinals, he threw for 379 yards to set an NFL rookie record. Aikman finished 1989 with a 0–11 record as a starter, completing 155 of 293 passes for 1,749 yards, 9 touchdowns, and 18 interceptions.

Pretty rough first year as a rookie, right? But, we know what happened each year after. I know we live in a world of instant gratification, but sometimes we need to be realistic. So, everyone just take a collective sigh and lets see how the season plays out. Hopefully we will start seeing optimistic improvements as the season progresses.

• Beer 1

18 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

I am glad we didn’t take AR. Two games, two injuries. Second one worse than the first. 
He isn’t the second coming of Cam and unless they find a better balance of his designed runs his career will be short lived. 

Because Cam was in a league of his own. AR nowhere near what Cam was.

Edited by Dragoon11
  • Pie 2
  • Flames 1

I was actually more impressed with Young last night than in the first game.  Made some nice throws there at the end and kept cool against one of the two or best three defenses in the NFL.  He looked better than Carr did, but Carr had better receivers.

To be honest, with a new coach, and a rookie qb, starting on the road against a good defense, and coming home to face one of the best defenses in the NFL, the season has gone about as I thought it would.   I do think we have a shot at getting better.

I also found the secret to just enjoying football and not letting it bother me.  Just avoid reading the comments here during and shortly after the game.  

• Flames 1