• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce DNP in practice 9-20-23

Samppson

15 minutes ago, travisura said:

It's not "pretty clear", you've just already come to that conclusion without really any supporting evidence.  This theory completely falls apart if Bryce plays on Sunday.

Fun times on this forum when the mods are more insane than the average poster.

I try to tell myself people arent actually dumb enough to genuinely believe this kind of thing.

They always wind up proving me wrong.

• Beer 1

11 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

You win first and figure everything else out later.  If he wins, he saves his job, regardless of what happens with Bryce.  And this also affords Bryce a soft landing versus being benched.  I don't think there's any conspiracy about it... think it's pretty clear what is happening.

You think Reich's plan is to ride Andy Dalton to the promised land? Come on.

If this was his plan he wouldn't have named Bryce the starter before training camp and let the competition play out. Tepper isn't going to want his #1 pick who we traded a ton for riding the bench so Reich can take us to the playoffs at 8-9 and get blown out in the wild card round. That's not going to save his job.

Tepper didn't pay this "all-star" coaching staff to not be able to develop our #1 overall pick QB. If Reich benches Bryce Young, he's admitting that he either a) made a huge mistake drafting him, and/or b) is unable to develop him. Which is EXACTLY what he was brought in to do!

Regardless of what you think of Bryce (it's pretty clear you've never been a fan of the pick; probably a Levis guy) the notion that Reich would have him fake an injury in order to have an excuse to bench him just doesn't make sense.

Young fails, Reich fails. It's as simple as that. Frank knows this, so why would he NOT want him on the field, even if it means going through some growing pains? He's not going to fool Tepper by continually finding a new excuse to keep our #1 overall QB on the bench.

• Pie 2

The Hornets have sucked to the point where I can barely watch 10-15 games a season before checking out.

I never thought that would happen with the Panthers. I’ve watched every game unless it wasn’t broadcasted since 95’. But if we have another losing season AND Bryce doesn’t show flashes of greatness…

I might have to take a break. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

There is a thing called Adrenaline

Brady Christensen finished out the first game with a bicep injury then was placed in season-ending IR the following day. 

Two Andy Dalton doesn't give them a better chance to win. He is even less mobile and hasn't looked good since AJ Green faded in Cincy due to injury. 

Today was a walkthrough, tomorrow is a practice session. 

22 minutes ago, travisura said:

It's not "pretty clear", you've just already come to that conclusion without really any supporting evidence.  This theory completely falls apart if Bryce plays on Sunday.

Fun times on this forum when the mods are more insane than the average poster.

Yeah, it does fall apart if he plays.  But the fact he sat out of practice with an injury that no one noticed during the game isn't the least bit suspicious?

And I'm insane, even though we've seen guys mysteriously IR'd for years as our playoff window closed.  And we've even heard players come out and say they weren't injured but the team (and not just our organization), designated them injured.  But yeah, I'm "insane" and "dumb" for thinking they're trying to save face bc Bryce, the #1 overall pick, appears to be in over his head, is struggling, and Reich's offense and playcalling look like complete ass after assembling an all-star staff and a complete hype campaign from the offseason is going down in flames. 

Enjoy the kool-aid, fellas.

• Flames 1

1 minute ago, Panthera onca said:

Lol, how some of you folks get through day to day life with all the BS that happens to us all is beyond me. Every thing that happens with the Panthers creates a frenzy of negative posting. It is incredibly tiresome.

Being cynical is completely warranted considering what we have had to put up with as a fan base. Pizza parties don’t work. 

• Pie 3

3 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Yeah, it does fall apart if he plays.  But the fact he sat out of practice with an injury that no one noticed during the game isn't the least bit suspicious?

And I'm insane, even though we've seen guys mysteriously IR'd for years as our playoff window closed.  And we've even heard players come out and say they weren't injured but the team (and not just our organization), designated them injured.  But yeah, I'm "insane" and "dumb" for thinking they're trying to save face bc Bryce, the #1 overall pick, appears to be in over his head, is struggling, and Reich's offense and playcalling look like complete ass after assembling an all-star staff and a complete hype campaign from the offseason is going down in flames. 

Enjoy the kool-aid, fellas.

Sat out a walk through at that. 

Those walk through practices are really tough on the shoulder….ahem I mean ankle…that was the injury right coach?

• Pie 1

45 minutes ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

Like most conspiracy theories, this one makes little to no sense.

You don't think Frank Reich realizes that if Bryce fails his career as a head coach is over? What would be the point of trying to hide him like this when even a playoff berth with Andy Dalton at QB wouldn't save Reich in the long run if Bryce ends up being a bust.

Bruh, have you watched the Panthers? Bryce is struggling in this disaster offense.   Things are going exactly how you don’t want them to go.  It’s how you ruin QBs.   Next up is Seattle where you can’t even hear yourself think. 

and yes, if Bryce fails they are all done.   So why ruin him like this. 

• Pie 3