• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mods can we get a handle on these threads???

WarPanthers89

2 minutes ago, Panthera onca said:

It's a cesspool in here. Any kind of rational, well thought out critique and analysis is very rare indeed. The problem is that several of the mods are leading the charge on the continual nonsense. 

Emotion is the enemy of logic.

And right now, emotion is the rule.

• Pie 1

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

I mean, people have to vent. There's basically two camps. The "this is a dumpster fire" camo and the "this is fine" camp and both think the other camo is unreasonable.

Basically, the Huddle is a poo show right now and it shouldn't be surprising. Fanbases tend to go as their team goes.

There's also a "we don't know what this is yet" camp.

(that's where my membership is)

I referenced a literary character by the name of Cottard in another thread. It's pretty clear to me we've got a few of those here.

• Pie 4

It’s so funny to me that this team’s mantra over the last generation is to keep pounding, and yet this groups mantra is to waive the white flag at the first sign of adversity. 

If I had told you after the draft that there a loud portion of the fan base wanted to fire the new coach, replace a rookie QB with Andy fuging Dalton, trade away current stars to get a new QB next year, and fawn for Baker Mayfield after two fuging weeks of the season, you would have thought man those guys are emotional lunatics.

But no, that’s the huddle, where it’s evidently a competiton to see who can get the gold medal for saying we suck the most. 

• Pie 4

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I mean, people have to vent. There's basically two camps. The "this is a dumpster fire" camo and the "this is fine" camp and both think the other camp is unreasonable.

Basically, the Huddle is a poo show right now and it shouldn't be surprising. Fanbases tend to go as their team goes.

There's no denying it's a dumpster fire, the only real debate is where to place how much blame.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, X-Clown said:

It’s so funny to me that this team’s mantra over the last generation is to keep pounding, and yet this groups mantra is to waive the white flag at the first sign of adversity. 

If I had told you after the draft that there a loud portion of the fan base wanted to fire the new coach, replace a rookie QB with Andy fuging Dalton, trade away current stars to get a new QB next year, and fawn for Baker Mayfield after two fuging weeks of the season, you would have thought man those guys are emotional lunatics.

But no, that’s the huddle, where it’s evidently a competiton to see who can get the gold medal for saying we suck the most. 

7 winning seasons in almost 30. Zero back to back winning seasons, ever. I mean, at some point, it becomes a disgrace to Sam Mills to even say that slogan anymore.  

• Beer 3

30 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

I had the same thought.

That said, I thought the "mid life" thread was fine.  That was a lot less about jumping off the cliff after two weeks than it was thinking about ending it all after 25 years.

I normally would agree, but look at who posted it. One of the most reactionary, emotional posters in this boards history.

• Pie 1