• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers expect Bryce Young to miss 1-2 games (Athletic)

Samppson

42 minutes ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

Of course he was. He's the one calling the plays.

Frank looking at film after being blasted about his horrific playcalling and the fact no one can get open. 

YARN | Doesn't look like anything to me. | Westworld (2016 ...

7 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

https://www.panthers.com/news/moving-forward-through-uncertainty-at-quarterback-before-seattle

Reich stated he is leaning on team doctors more than anything and the next day it states Young could miss 1-2 weeks with his injury.  What doesn't smell right?  A DL landed on his ankle rolling it and it hurt him?  It's not bad enough to need a boot which is why it's 1-2 weeks.   You can make anything not smell right if you want.

"All three have a say in the decision, obviously, weighing most heavily the doctor, then the player, and then the coach," Reich said. "Because what I've learned over the years is A – I'm not a medical doctor, so trust what the doctor says; B – trust the player because players know their body; C – as the head coach, try to navigate and do the right thing for the team and the player." 

you stated team doctors said Young should be out 1-2 weeks.  Again, that doesn't actually exist. 

and as you just posted again, when Young gets on the field is about 3 people.   You don't know what the doctors have said.  You don't know what Frank and Bryce think behind the scenes.  No one does. 

what we can all do is just bullshit about it.  And even if Bryce was 100% healthy, I'd argue Frank should sit him.  Because Frank doesn't have an O right now you can develop a rookie QB in.  He has one you ruin a QB in. So I build my BS around what I see. 

32 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

Just because he CAN play, doesn't mean he SHOULD play. 

If Bryce isn't 100%, then it doesn't make sense for him to go out there and risk REAL injury. Good call by Reich. Honestly wish someone would have done this for Cam, but you know, Ron...

The only problem I have with Reich right now is giving up the playcalling duties. It's not horrible, but it doesn't fit this team. And letting Thomas get a go at it can't possibly make things worse. Panthers are the worse passing offense in the NFL. Can't get worse than last. 

This is the perfect time to give Thomas a go at it, with Bryce out. 

Thank you. Someone said it. Seems obvious that he could play through it but there's a chance of aggravating it. The benching conspirancy only makes sense to the people who want to see him benched.

• Pie 2

9 minutes ago, CRA said:

Frank looking at film after being blasted about his horrific playcalling and the fact no one can get open. 

YARN | Doesn't look like anything to me. | Westworld (2016 ...

you stated team doctors said Young should be out 1-2 weeks.  Again, that doesn't actually exist. 

and as you just posted again, when Young gets on the field is about 3 people.   You don't know what the doctors have said.  You don't know what Frank and Bryce think behind the scenes.  No one does. 

what we can all do is just bullshit about it.  And even if Bryce was 100% healthy, I'd argue Frank should sit him.  Because Frank doesn't have an O right now you can develop a rookie QB in.  He has one you ruin a QB in. So I build my BS around what I see. 

Then try reading the article from this OP or is Corbett in on this conspiracy too?  He is also referencing the doctors.  The only people who know are stating one thing.  The people who don't have a clue like me and you are making up nonsense and rolling with it like it's a fact.

I have complete trust in our doctors. I’ve been working every single day with them for eight months. Whatever they’re saying, whatever they’re seeing with what they need to do with Bryce, that’s what they’re gonna do,” Corbett said. “I think we made a turning point in this game, kind of the culture shift of being smarter with guys rather than just shooting people up (with painkillers) and being back on the field.”

There’s no sense in rushing back Young if he’s less than 100 percent. This was always going to be a rebuilding year, and getting a week (or more) to take a breath and heal up probably isn’t the worst thing. Dalton said there are two trains of thought on that.

19 minutes ago, Evil Hurney said:

Bryce is gonna roll up in a full body cast next week after the Dalton led Panthers hang 30 on the seachickens.

I half jokingly said yesterday that don't be surprised if Bryce is in a boot on the sidelines on Sunday just for appearance sake. If it happens, it's practically confirmation that this "injury" is just an excuse for pulling him after he was walking around looking fine at practice yesterday. 

Which listen, I'm not even against pulling him out of the fire right now. The way he's playing I don't think anyone is benefitting right now. You don't want this kid to start seeing ghosts and it feels like we're not far from it.

15 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Then try reading the article from this OP or is Corbett in on this conspiracy too?  He is also referencing the doctors.  The only people who know are stating one thing.  The people who don't have a clue like me and you are making up nonsense and rolling with it like it's a fact.

I have complete trust in our doctors. I’ve been working every single day with them for eight months. Whatever they’re saying, whatever they’re seeing with what they need to do with Bryce, that’s what they’re gonna do,” Corbett said. “I think we made a turning point in this game, kind of the culture shift of being smarter with guys rather than just shooting people up (with painkillers) and being back on the field.”

There’s no sense in rushing back Young if he’s less than 100 percent. This was always going to be a rebuilding year, and getting a week (or more) to take a breath and heal up probably isn’t the worst thing. Dalton said there are two trains of thought on that.

I mean, but none of that is what you said.   You claimed the doctors said 1-2 weeks.  That just doesn't exist.  That's all.    

I don't care if Young is sat.  As I have said, I want him to sit.   I think a 100% healthy Young should sit.

2 different things.  I think Carolina is selling a little BS in order to essentially do the right thing.   It's a better look for everyone this way too. 

1 minute ago, CRA said:

I mean, but none of that is what you said.   You claimed the doctors said 1-2 weeks.  That just doesn't exist.  That's all.    

I don't care if Young is sat.  As I have said, I want him to sit.   I think a 100% healthy Young should sit.

2 different things.  I think Carolina is selling a little BS in order to essentially do the right thing.   It's a better look for everyone this way too. 

We are going to trust the doctors.  Whatever they say is what we are going to do.  What do you think that means?  Then it is stated he would miss 1-2 games.  Keep grasping man.  I stated the doctors said 1-2 weeks as that is what they are doing.  That's a pretty safe assumption based on that sentence.  

2 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Went from unquestioned rookie starter to looking like he's on day 1 of job training trailing Dalton. Ankle still looks fine

I do know it was not unquestioned but the proready stuff was absolutly BS at this point.

Anklegate lol

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1