• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is it still just preseason?

Sean Payton's Vicodin

1 minute ago, KSpan said:

That was always a nonsensical take since the concern was on the failures of execution and the awful 'eye-test'. That doesn't lie.

I said during the preseason, I've never seen the starters AND the depth play as bad as they did in all the years I've watched preseason.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

18 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Frank will be fired before mid season. I don't see a win anytime soon.

Tepper would be stupid to keep him after he wasted 3 years on Rhule.

Nope.  Frank is getting a year 2.   Trading away those picks basically guaranteed it. 

Fitt will be sacrificed to the football gods.  It’s why I wanted Fitt fired with Rhule.  You always have an easy scapegoat when they aren’t.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

14 minutes ago, top dawg said:

This is dumb. Preseason is still just preseason. Anyone with realistic expectations, even before the preseason began, felt that it would probably be rough this season. A lot of you were simply delusional, or drank way too much of the Kool-Aid. 

Wut? We were a game away from the playoffs last year and came in with an improved roster, a talented rookie #1 overall pick and "coaching staff"

Not expecting improvement is Darin Gantt level looniness

Keep moving those goalposts bud

Edited by amcoolio
  • Pie 5
  • Flames 2

3 minutes ago, amcoolio said:

Wut? We were a game away from the playoffs last year and came in with an improved roster, a talented rookie #1 overall pick and "coaching staff"

Not expecting improvement is Darin Gantt level looniness

Keep moving those goalposts bud

No one is moving any goalposts. Wholesale overhaul of a team with new schemes, a rookie QB, and new skill position players is a near-guaranteed recipe for some struggle. Last year became irrelevant as soon as they went a different direction with Wilks and even moreso once they went all-in on a rookie QB, trading away the best receiver in the process.