• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dalton Pass Chart

mav1234

14 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

Nobody said Dalton should be starting over young. 

Well, there's definitely a thread that was started saying that.

But I don't think that it's crazy for Dalton to be ahead of BY. Expected, even, and plenty of time for BY to turn his season around.  Frankly I thought our offense scheme was still pretty bad with Dalton. If anything, I'm even more convinced we're squandering what we do have talent wise. Where was Shenault?  Why does it seem all our runs are just dives?  Where's Chubba? How did we go into this game so unprepared for the noise? And fug man, never let TMJ on a football field again... 

Edited by mav1234

42 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

Bryce doesn’t have poo to prove to anybody on this board. Chill out. The fact that people here have to see to believe is a part of being a fan I guess. 

WTH?? The dude got a multi million dollar contract with a guaranteed money to play pro football for my team that i spend my money on and devote my time too before even stepping foot on the field. So far he hasn't shown that he deserves that Money or belongs on the field yet. The HELL you mean he has nothing to prove? Nobody cares about college anymore, im not Alabama fan or could give 2 damns about what he did at that school. Im a panthers fan, if you get drafted to my team then yes i need to see you perform on my team because that's what you were drafted to do.

Edited by CPF4LIFE
  • Pie 3

4 minutes ago, Purrnicious said:

I think Bryce should still start because the goal has to be to get him better for next year. But I do believe Dalton gives us a better chance to win right now. 

The whole point of this season is to develop our rookie QB. Yes he should start when healthy. Winning a few extra games with Dalton would be meaningless in the long term. I wouldn’t be against trading Dalton to the Jets and trading Burns for a first plus some. Start building some future assets to build a team around our new QB. 

2 hours ago, AceBoogie said:

Against the worst pass defense in the NFL….

And the fact that you’re pushing that around without context is what makes it a narrative. Because it fuels your misguided notions about Bryce. As a “mod” you should be better than this, but this is why the huddle is so trash. 

So two games in is too soon to know anything about Bryce, but completely soon enough to know how good Seattle's defense is, got it.  Seattle probably played their best defensive game of the year yesterday.  That was a tough test in a very hostile environment, all signs indicate BY would have completely crumbled.  I'm sure you'll queue up some emotional insult or imaginary conjecture to combat the obvious.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, therealmjl said:

And to have quick twitch fidgety receivers which the panthers simply do not employ

The west coast offense has nothing to do with quick fidgety receivers. Please show me something that states that.

The west coast offense is built for not having decent receivers so you space out the defense and have disciplined routes with a QB who has good ball placement. 

You know nothing about football.

To be clear, my thought process is the team has to decide something for the players, via the coaching staff. If we are putting out the "best" players regardless of draft positioning, then right now you go with Andy Dalton because he looks like he can give us the best chance to win and maybe we can trade him for a fourth later this year. If the team wants to build for the future, as it should, but it does wave the white flag a bit to the players, then you start Bryce Young because he is our future and he needs the reps. I know folks want to point to Jordan Love but watch the games. He is struggling to complete half his passes. Sitting for years doesn't promise he is going to turn out great. 

Love is 3-0 despite completing just 53.1% of his 93 passes. And one of those games was against the Chicago Bears who can stop nothing on defense. They are allowing just under 70% completions and have one sack on the season. Against the Packers they registered one pressure, no sacks and no ints for the game against Love and he went 15 of 27.  

3 hours ago, AceBoogie said:

Seattle has the worst pass defense in the NFL. And that’s before half of their defense was out. Dalton wouldn’t have done that against better defenses. Y’all are just dumb. 

Stats can be misleading this early in the season.

They played two of the best passing offenses in the league the first two weeks, hard to judge them on their passing stats solely on that.

1 hour ago, mav1234 said:

Well, there's definitely a thread that was started saying that.

But I don't think that it's crazy for Dalton to be ahead of BY. Expected, even, and plenty of time for BY to turn his season around.  Frankly I thought our offense scheme was still pretty bad with Dalton. If anything, I'm even more convinced we're squandering what we do have talent wise. Where was Shenault?  Why does it seem all our runs are just dives?  Where's Chubba? How did we go into this game so unprepared for the noise? And fug man, never let TMJ on a football field again... 

I’m more convinced that trading up to 1 or for any QB was pointless given Reich’s system. Dalton proved yesterday while passing for 400 yards he’s perfectly capable of running it and it still doesn’t work. 

If 47 year old Andy Dalton is good enough to play QB in your sh!tty system then what’s the point in trading away all those assets when we didn’t have that luxury 

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

I’m more convinced that trading up to 1 or for any QB was pointless given Reich’s system. Dalton proved yesterday while passing for 400 yards he’s perfectly capable of running it and it still doesn’t work. 

If 47 year old Andy Dalton is good enough to play QB in your sh!tty system then what’s the point in trading away all those assets when we didn’t have that luxury 

We actually had a conversation before the trade up about how the good thing about Reich was we probably didn't need to over reach this year for a QB since his system can work with a lot of QBs. 

Then we went and traded away our best player on offense and the future to do just that, so... 🤷

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Could have signed a guy like Carr or just Dalton, kept DJ Moore , and drafted a playmaker in the top 10.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1