• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Which " NFL Team" would you want your next GM groomed from?!

TheBigKat

1 hour ago, TheBigKat said:

If we don't make the playoffs this year (try not to laugh) then I suspect Fitterer is on the outside looking in when it comes to next year. While I was optimistic on him when we signed him, his draft whiffs have set the team back.

When you look around the league and understand the Charlotte market size, what's your ideal franchise for us to model?

In the JR days, we tried the Steeler way, that was meh

Then we get Fitterer who comes from the John Schneider way of doing things in SEA, I understand his love for Horn as he wanted to recreate a legion of boom in the Carolinas, so far looks like a legion of gloom

For me, it is the Ravens, that is the model franchise I would like to build off of. Stable ownership who is out of the news briefings and a solid GM in Eric Decosta who came after a legend in Ozzie Newsome. The Ravens have a .561 win percentage in comparison to Carolina at .472. They aren't BIG in Free Agency but do a great job building their roster

Ravens or Bills work for me. 

• Pie 1

30 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Dave Chapelle GIF by MOODMAN

Howell I get, but if you're also talking about Maye, you're really leaping to conclusions. As bad as the team is, they can still win a few games and not get a top 5 pick.

We are truly awful. I don’t see how we’ll win more than a couple of games and even then we’d need some divine intervention. 

43 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Dave Chapelle GIF by MOODMAN

Howell I get, but if you're also talking about Maye, you're really leaping to conclusions. As bad as the team is, they can still win a few games and not get a top 5 pick.

It’s convenient to dump on Howell after his bad game against a Super Bowl contender. Some moron was doing it in another thread. 

But with Maye….I think a lot of people would have been more comfortable doing the trade they made this year next year. Maye is a can’t miss prospect. Brice Young shops at baby gap.  

Don't really care to emulate another team. This team needs people running it that can see what's on the horizon and be a step ahead instead of a mile behind. We knew a decade ago when they limited contact on receivers at the line that the NFL was transitioning to a more offense friendly league. We've hired coaches from the 80's mindset and haven't wavered really. A youngish visionary that really understands what it takes to build a front office and organization. That's what I want in a president/ceo. The rest can come from there. 

2 hours ago, shaq said:

Sustained success is a massive green flag, I would look at the Chiefs, Eagles, and even the Dolphins. All three in recent years have been killing it in the draft, fug wasting money on overpriced free agents. Let's build our team back up through the draft, tired of us wasting 3rd round picks like their worth nothing. Getting really cheap effective young talent can turn around a Franchise like nothing else.

this team has tried to build through the draft for 20 years. We're complaining about our GM's but you want to build through the draft. We just tried that with arguably what could be the worst NFL draft in the history of the sport if nothing pans out. At this point you get your QB, surround him with veterans, open the damn check book, and sprinkle skill position rookies for development in there. 

3 hours ago, Waldo said:

I have no idea who would be good but I do know that Tepper hires trash.

He needs someone to run the front office and then let that person get a GM. The house he built is infested with more of the same he would be getting rid of and you can throw SS out with SF to begin the cleaning. 

The problem is he and Nicole would be the ones hiring the person to run the front office. So they'd also be trash. I swear to God we should have just kept Rivera and Hurney. 

Edited by toldozer
  • Beer 1