• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Good Breakdown of Reich Playcalling

Cam Lawter

On 9/20/2023 at 5:10 AM, TheCasillas said:

Halfway through the all 22… I know this isn’t what you all want to hear but it isn’t a play calling issue… it’s an execution issue. 

It’s pretty bad how some of our players look in frank/brown’s system. 

Ian Thomas, DJ chark (he gets a longer leash bc he was out), mays, Zavala (at LG), and TMJ… all had a handful of plays they just looked lost on Monday night.

i know frank isn’t the type to rip into his players, but some names need someone to lay into them for the mental mistakes 

^ his post in reference

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

This seems to align with what @TheCasillas said when he was in the process of reviewing the All-22 game tape for Week 2.  Playcalling wasn't bad, just awful execution in a lot of cases.

(miss you buddy, the Huddle is a dark hopeless place without your sage wisdom)

Agreed with the play calling as well but some fans put all the blame on the coach if they lose, even to better teams regardless. Just 3 games into the new season of losing is all that is needed for the coach to be canned as far as these unrealistic fans are concerned. One of them want to rehire Rivera to bring back the Keep Pounding that was under his leadership. Do you want him back?

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, GhostWhispah said:

The keep pounding era like you want Ron Rivera back? Lol im sure Washington will let Tepper have him back for low round pick if you want him back that bad as the new owners already have someone else in mind to coach their team. 

You seem to know nothing about winning.

I know nothing about winning but you on here telling people it's fine we lose games. Everything will be okay.

We haven't won since Tepper took over. Wake up to reality.

20 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I know nothing about winning but you on here telling people it's fine we lose games. Everything will be okay.

We haven't won since Tepper took over. Wake up to reality.

First off, I NEVER TOLD or stated that I was fine with losing so thanks for putting words into people mouths.

And since you didn't respond to my question, I can only assume you do want Rivera back or is it that when he loses, it's the players fault but with Reich, it's his fault even tho his play calling was text book as a much better team would have won with those same calls. But hey, keep pounding it cause it might your lover coach back.   

16 minutes ago, GhostWhispah said:

First off, I NEVER TOLD or stated that I was fine with losing so thanks for putting words into people mouths.

And since you didn't respond to my question, I can only assume you do want Rivera back or is it that when he loses, it's the players fault but with Reich, it's his fault even tho his play calling was text book as a much better team would have won with those same calls. But hey, keep pounding it cause it might your lover coach back.   

I don't want Rivera back, but I do miss the culture we had back then. The players had more pride and we were respected throughout the league.

I'm just saying since Tepper took over we have become a joke of a franchise. At some point we have to start making the playoffs. It's weird Wilks almost got us to that point but Tepper thought it was a good idea to hire a HC who was fired. Now here we are losing games again. 

Where is the hope?

17 hours ago, tukafan21 said:

I'd be curious to go back and watch the first 2 games to see how many plays Bryce called audibles at the LOS, because it feels like it happened a lot.

Everyone has been bashing Frank's play calling, but is there a chance that our super brained QB was just being fooled by defenses into calling bad audibles and running his own poor gameplan?

i will pay more attention this weekend. actually i won't, the bills play the dolphins at 1.

1 minute ago, RumHam said:

i will pay more attention this weekend. actually i won't, the bills play the dolphins at 1.

LOL, with James Cook and Waddle on my fantasy squad, plus with how good that game should be, I'll be paying a lot of attention to that game as well.

I honestly hadn't thought of that until I posted it yesterday, but I'm now very curious about it as I do remember Bryce doing a ton of audibles at the line.

It really does make me wonder if most of this Reich play calling bashing isn't warranted, that a lot of it could have just been Bryce decisions at the line.

44 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I don't want Rivera back, but I do miss the culture we had back then. The players had more pride and we were respected throughout the league.

I'm just saying since Tepper took over we have become a joke of a franchise. At some point we have to start making the playoffs. It's weird Wilks almost got us to that point but Tepper thought it was a good idea to hire a HC who was fired. Now here we are losing games again. 

Where is the hope?

Hiring a stubborn college coach was a big mistake from the very start but Reich is none of that and keep in mind he was fired by Irsay, who also fired Cardwell after 3 seasons, two of season they made the playoffs including the SB. He was assumed told to Tank for Luck when Manning was hurt during his last year and was fired afterward as a scrap goat.

Now I wouldn't mind if Wilks was retained but he did went 3-13 in his lone season as the Cardinals HC and didn't have a winning season for us last season even tho won them at the end. Bottom line is that if Wilks is a good coach, he will get more opportunities as HC in the future like Reich has which I believe is the right coach cause he was also a QB in this league who throw his 1st TD as a Panthers. You should give him more time instead of only 3 games that has nothing to do with the play calling along with losing our best playmaker in DJ 😞

12 hours ago, GhostWhispah said:

We are a rebuilding team so what did you expect?? Reich is a solid hire imo but a few games in and you are already whining like many here on the coaching. Let me guess, you wanted Steichen like that other poster but he reminds me of my old boss from Wal-Mart who yells down at his employees even on the first day i was hired. No way i want any head coach like that and doubt he will not last as long as Frank did for the Colts, whose owner oddly acts the same way behind close doors. How he treated Peyton Manning was beyond bad.

I will play for Frank over Shane all day cause he's my type of leader. Again solid hire Tepper, for once.

The problem is we were told by Tepper, Fitty, Reich that this team was ready to win, all we needed was a QB and some pieces around him. Talking heads everywhere said we could win the South and most if not everyone here believed the hype. Hot takes like “Reich is trash” come from people who thought we were going to the SB this year.  

The reality is it takes time to implement  new offensive system. Specially with players who are accustomed to playing with each other. 

Add to that the injuries we've been dealing with on the oline, and even at receiver, it's very understandable why the offense has struggled to find ANY consistency.  

There is no need to blame the coaches, the GM, or even the owner. These things are beyond anybody's control. 

All that can be done is to keep.moving forward with getting better execution each and every week, Regardless whom is on the field. 

• Beer 1