• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Really Expect Confident Bryce

Frank9999

I’d like to see some of the poise he’s already shown with a little bit of aggression and gun slinger mentality. If I’m Reich I’d tell him to take shots when you see them not worry about the interceptions. He needs to learn what the NFL windows are with experience.

Part of our problem right now is that we are just not aggressive enough. Whether guys are open or not you have to take a deep shot to Mingo and TMJ and see if they can just win on 1 on 1 matchups.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, OneBadCat said:

I’d like to see some of the poise he’s already shown with a little bit of aggression and gun slinger mentality. If I’m Reich I’d tell him to take shots when you see them not worry about the interceptions. He needs to learn what the NFL windows are with experience.

Part of our problem right now is that we are just not aggressive enough. Whether guys are open or not you have to take a deep shot to Mingo and TMJ and see if they can just win on 1 on 1 matchups.

Yea thats kind of what I mean by leadership…like take control and show it more, take some shots, change some plays etc. hes been extremely passive looking so far. 

Honestly hes not going to have a ton of time in the pocket because our oline is a mess and Vikings blitz more than anyone so Reich will really have to have a lot of quick passes in the playbook ( hopefully) 

Edited by Frank9999

13 minutes ago, hepcat said:

I think there’s a real chance he doesn’t finish the game confidence or not.

Scenario 1: the ankle injury was real and he needed a game off. Given the poor offensive line play I wouldn’t be surprised if he aggravated his injury.

Scenario 2: the ankle injury was fake and an excuse to let him sit and watch Dalton execute the offense for a game. This opens the door for Bryce to get benched again if he plays poorly, potentially under the guise of aggravating the existing or a new injury. 

Minnesota is not a good team so the fan is me is hoping Bryce finally has a game where the offense opens up and he shows us something. But my rational brain says he probably has another rough game and to avoid an 0-4 start they’re gonna put Dalton in if the offense continues to struggle with Bryce under center. 

I just can't buy into Scenario 2 at all...that seems like the quickest way to destroy Bryce's confidence.  "Hey we're gonna pretend you have an ankle injury so we can get your trash ass off the field".  It's very possible that it was such a minor sprain that he could have played last week but they chose to play it safe and sit him, and maybe a part of that is because of a hostile environment, an outmatched o-line, etc. but to outright manufacture an injury for him is an awful thing to do to Bryce's psyche.  I don't think even Rhule is that dumb to think that would be a net positive.

• Pie 3

35 minutes ago, hepcat said:

I think there’s a real chance he doesn’t finish the game confidence or not.

Scenario 1: the ankle injury was real and he needed a game off. Given the poor offensive line play I wouldn’t be surprised if he aggravated his injury.

Scenario 2: the ankle injury was fake and an excuse to let him sit and watch Dalton execute the offense for a game. This opens the door for Bryce to get benched again if he plays poorly, potentially under the guise of aggravating the existing or a new injury. 

Minnesota is not a good team so the fan is me is hoping Bryce finally has a game where the offense opens up and he shows us something. But my rational brain says he probably has another rough game and to avoid an 0-4 start they’re gonna put Dalton in if the offense continues to struggle with Bryce under center. 

Scenario 3.  The Panthers OL continues to allow comical pressure.  Minnesota blitzes like crazy and plays the short routes.   Frank runs up the gut behind bad G play and everything continues to look as it has under predictable and slow change Frank.  Bryce is put in bad spot after bad spot as the game goes on.  The amount of pressure Seattle applied should of resulted in a turnover or two and we don't get lucky allowing that 2 weeks in a row.   

*the injury wasn't fake.  But I don't think injury was likely significantly enough to keep him from playing or even practicing.   Just mentioning it was sore gave them the excuse to give him a breather on a short week to a really rough environment.  Every starter likely reports some bruise or bump.  And it was the right call....we saw the noise and pressure that occurred.  It would have been poor management of a developing player given how bad Frank's O around the QB presently is.

51 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We've HEARD this same stuff ever since we drafted him. I want to SEE it.

I'd oddly like to see more throws out of bounds if things break down. Don't try to extend these plays like Russell or McNabb or even Cam. You aren't those dudes. Make the read, extend a little and then throw it away or make a safe throw.

1 minute ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

When I say this about Frank people take it as I'm hating.

Nah I just want to see us actually win a game with him as HC.

I want to SEE it.

Frank probably has more to prove than anyone else. Young is a rookie, rookie struggles happen. Our other young guys have some excuses.

Frank isn't a rookie head coach. He's been in the league a long time. He doesn't get a lot of excuses.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

46 minutes ago, Wolfcop said:

If it was up to the huddle, Peyton Manning would've been cut before year 2. 

Peyton rewrote the NFL rookie record book.  There was a lot of really good mixed in with the really bad.   Peyton at least showed the special side.  Was just about getting rid of the bad.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Frank9999 said:

I think we are all selling Bryce too short after a couple subpar performances. I think injury real or not the game off probably did him well.

honestly hearing him talk about it I kind of think it wasn't even real or serious and they wanted him on the sideline for a game.

This is a big game for Bryce and I think he shows up. 

I don't have the confidence in him from the last 4 times I seen him play. Why should a benching make him want to play better. Not saying he can't get better but confidence at this time in him doing so has not impressed me all that much.