• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brian Burns

Been saying for years that Burns is a fantastic complementary piece and not a game-changer by himself - it was very clear. Guess it took the contract negotiation for it to finally be widely realized, as he just doesn't seem to have developed any farther.

Just now, Sir Big Spurr said:

Put Higgins on the roster right now and you wouldn’t even know the man existed. 

It’s time to unload and actually rebuild. Burn it all to the ground. I’m sick of this half assed “rebuild” we’ve been doing for 4 years now. 

We been rebuilding since Tepper took over.

Maybe we can't rebuild with him making decisions? This starts all from the top.

Fitt/Frank/Bryce are here because of Tepper.

6 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

We been rebuilding since Tepper took over.

Maybe we can't rebuild with him making decisions? This starts all from the top.

Fitt/Frank/Bryce are here because of Tepper.

I don’t disagree at all. It’s why it all feels so hopeless right now. Owner sucks, GM sucks, head coach sucks. We’re set up to suck for a long time too.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I was the biggest Bryce fan on this board. I can legit say he doesn't look like he will pan out. The size and lack of arm strength is alarming. He looks nothing like he did at Alabama.

We have to play him and see what we have. We can't go into next season with a QB who is still a question mark. He has to play this year no other choice.

I get it, but I really wanted Dalton to start just this week to at least get one win.  Next week, Young could go back to learning the ropes versus the Lions.  Looking at that 0 in the win column is a freaking gut punch man. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Lurk21 said:

I see Tee Higgins and their 2nd making sense. Bengals will have a high 2nd like us. That'd give us at least 2 high 2nds next year. Week 4 and we already got to talk about the draft. Pour me a drink. 

I wish this was a possibility, but I can’t see it being a reality. The Bengals are having to offload Tee because of Burrow’s massive contract and Chase being up next. I can’t see a world where they can trade for Burns and then pay him the 30 mil a year or whatever he thinks he’s worth. 

• Pie 1

Just now, micnificent28 said:

this is bad logic. What are you gaining from trading him? At worse hes someonr the defense has to account for and its harder to find pass rushers than other postions outside qb. then you have to draft another one and hope hes a pro bowler.

He was a liability yet again in the run game today, I am pretty sure its not going to take magic to replace his production

8 minutes ago, HarbingersDad said:

I wish this was a possibility, but I can’t see it being a reality. The Bengals are having to offload Tee because of Burrow’s massive contract and Chase being up next. I can’t see a world where they can trade for Burns and then pay him the 30 mil a year or whatever he thinks he’s worth. 

I thought about that logic honestly!! I think they'd do that bc they wouldn't be investing all on one side. You may be right tho but 1 things for sure, Burrow is not looking like the next Brady right now. They should go more run based until he gets right. 

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

He was a liability yet again in the run game today, I am pretty sure its not going to take magic to replace his production

You would be wrong. Theres a reason the rams were willing to give up 2 first round picks for a one panthers player. because players that average 10 sacks a game dont grow on trees. You dont get better by trading away one of the few working pieces.

You want picks trade away other assets horn.. brown, icky.