• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce is fine. The Panthers are fine.

AceBoogie

Totally agree here. Great post @AceBoogie. The problem this forum is struggling with right now is that we are comparing Bryce to the other QBs in the draft as if the situations are identical. 

Bryce played very well today and had some blunders. He executed the game plan he was given and played as well as he could given the situation today. I mean if you think about it... we had poor oline play, yet another drivekilling (game killing?) penalty, questionable play calling and poor YAC.  The kid dished it out fo 9 different receivers today, and the majority went to AT and TMJ.

The fumble was a back breaker for sure, and that sucked. At one point BY had 19 straight completions (17 in the 2nd half) at 8.6 ypc... cmon!

Now the hard part.... BY does have to understand situations better like exiting the pocket sooner, throwing the ball away and PROTECTING the football. I am also ready for Reich to handover the play calling... it's impacting his ability to coach on game days. The clock management and cadence of playcalling is off right now... and some of that falls on the QB... but considering the situation this 100% falls on Reich. 

Lastly, I think we need to do some internal evaluations on Campen.... three different teams today were down to backups on their lines and 2 of them didnt allow a sack. One of those teams was the Texans against the Steelers vaunted pass rush.... I'd like for us to evaluate whether Campen is the right guy.. Esepcially with Ickey's sophmore slump....

• Pie 8
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

11 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

Don’t let the local Bryce detractors fool you. You see, they messed up when they hoisted Andy Dalton’s performance last week (in a loss) as the standard that Bryce needed to meet. 

Bryce not only met that standard, he exceeded it. They told you that Andy Dalton pushed the ball down field and implied Bryce could not. Hmm…

Dalton: 6.2 YPC last week in Seattle, Bryce actually had a slightly higher average at 6.4. He took what the defense gave him and even had points negated due to poor execution of his teammates. That’s not on him. 

Dalton’s passer rating last week: 88.4.           Bryce’s passer rating this week: 93.2

Instead ask yourself, why does the offense look like this. The answer is that we simply don’t have the playmakers that can create more explosive plays.

Bryce executed the offense just as well. Stop being miserable haters. It’s not too late, it’s fine. We have a good young QB and you don’t need to compare him to anyone. There will always be prettier fish in the sea.  

This will be a process. We have a QB, and even those of you who don’t believe in him it’s fine. He’ll still be here when you do. 

Don’t bring a well thought out and logical post with facts to back it up to this board, much better to make Bryce bad post ad nauseam 

• Beer 1

The Panthers are not fine. Bryce is not fine. All hope of this team being competitive is not existent. When you can't score points in today's NFL you have no hope. I don't care how good your defense is. If a team can score two TDS on you and win decisively it is fugging embarrassing.

Who knows Bryce may turn it around. But not with this coaching staff, WRs or OLine. 

I don’t really agree with the overall thread name. We certainly are not OK. We are a terrible team.  But I do agree that Bryce isn’t fully to blame.  Has he made mistakes? Yes. He has missed open WRs on occasion. He has struggled to diagnose disguised coverages presnap. He has not protected the ball. 

But the infrastructure around him is really terrible. The offensive line cannot consistently block, both in the run and odd games. A lot of times when the WRs win, Bryce doesn’t have time to get the ball to them. A lot of times where the line gives him time, the WRs don’t get open. The staff has to recognize that the line isn’t winning in the run game and not put us in 2nd and 3rd and longs by calling run plays when they have. Bryce looked pretty good when they let him thrown intermediate lot in the middle of the field and he could get in a rhythm. But then the playcalling torpedoed things.

Basically, no one is in sync and so the overall product is just garbage. We need the coaches to put the players in a position to succeed and the players, Bryce included,  need to execute at the same time. Given all that, I think it’s too early to write of Bryce. But I am worried that this start will break him. 

Just now, Wolfcop said:

This was his best game. When was the last time we had a QB compete 19 straight? He needs better weapons and better protection. Give him those things and the offense will click. Have to be able to run the ball, too. 

Bro 15 of those were behind the line of scrimmage how can you so blindly look at a number and think he's threading needles.

• Pie 1