• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Has Young shown flashes of being a #1 pick?

TN05

2 minutes ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

Bryce has shown flashes, yes. People here just refuse to see it.

The Huddle loves to be miserable.

This. It’s amazing reading this thread. Like are we watching the same thing? The Huddle acts like he takes 5 steps and drops in the fetal position every snap.

• Pie 5

3 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

You guys are being dramatic. No one is knocking CJ... what I am referring to is that Texans and the fans have been wanting a QB to help unlock Nico's potential. This has finally occurred. The biggest challenge with Nico was that Texans didnt have a Qb that could get him the ball. Now they do.  It's a disservice to the Texans to say that they dont have any recievers, when Nico will probbaly finish top 5 this year. 

image.thumb.png.1e6a09cd3c69ccd9fe7c7693249c1055.png

Fan forum from May 15th

Tank Dell hasn't been a slouch at all either, but Nico is the prototypical monster.

2 hours ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

Remember when Trevor Lawrence was a bust after his rookie year? They went 3-14 and he had a lot of very pedestrian games just like Bryce is currently having. One exception was his first game where he had 300 yards 3 tds and 3 int. It was his only 300 yard game of the year so it was more of an outlier for him. It was also only 1 of 2 games in which he threw more than 1 TD pass. The 2nd game being the last game of the season

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/4360310/type/nfl/year/2021

Obviously the main difference here is that his HC was fired after year 1 (could the same happen here? I doubt it). I really think they just need time. Let them (the team) take their lumps this year and hopefully next year we can have a similar year two that Jacksonville experienced with Trevor.

Just a dumb comparison. Going beyond stats, you could tell that Trevor Lawrence was still really good despite having no talent around him and had that it factor. While Bryce also has little talent around him, at no point have I been like "wow, how did he do that". Pretty much the only words that have come out of my mouth in regards to Bryce is "what the hell is this idiot doing"

• Pie 1

Nope. and it has opened him up to be criticized mote about his size faults. Lacks elite arm talent. Lacks size which leads to him being obliterated everytime he takes a sack and that leads to fumbles. I don't believe in drafting players in the first round without quantifiable first round traits. Like arm strength.. elite athleticism so on. oh hes an elite processor... like how do i show that or bank on that?

52 minutes ago, FugginPoo said:

Young has been sacked 11 times so far in 3 games… what’s amazing is he isn’t a turnover machine as a rookie under that much duress.  
No QB is going to look good behind this line.

Stroud has been sacked 11 times and hit even more.

6 hours ago, MGH1989 said:

This. It’s amazing reading this thread. Like are we watching the same thing? The Huddle acts like he takes 5 steps and drops in the fetal position every snap.

You sound like Matt Rhule. Where is this invisible promise? The offense scored 6 points yesterday and 3 came off a 56 yard field goal on a short field. The strip sack negated any offensive points we scored. Yes the weapons could be better but our QB is a massive part of the reason we suck. We can’t even get a play off in time.

4 hours ago, FugginPoo said:

Young has been sacked 11 times so far in 3 games… what’s amazing is he isn’t a turnover machine as a rookie under that much duress.  
No QB is going to look good behind this line.

He’s also throwing for 150 yards a game. 

and he’s been stripped sacked plenty. Guess the awareness didn’t come with him from alabama.