• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce critics - let's be honest

NAS

If my aunt had nuts she'd be my uncle

No it's not all bryces fault.  But theres a high correlation with him being on the field and the offense stuttering 95% of the time. 

Dalton actually got this offense to work consistently.  It almost seems broken with Bryce.

If we play the If game,  you could say if Bryce doesn't have those 2 picks to ATL we win game 1 and if he doesn't fumble 6 this game we win this game.

But he didn't. He hasn't shown me anything that's impressed me enough to justify him being the #1 overall draft choice.  

The haters are using results they see on the field from what I'm noticing. The apologists are mostly operating on if statements, hopes, dreams. 

Edited by Hoenheim
  • Pie 5
  • Beer 1
  • The D 1
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

I think if Frank can dial up some plays that give Bryce the opportunity to throw longer than 15 yards that would quiet a lot of critics.  I believe so much of these problems falls on coaching.  The game management miscues alone are that of a rookie head coach, it’s unacceptable.
  On a side note, offense as a whole seemed much better in the hurry up.  

• Pie 3

Yes, proper anger should first be directed at a horrible front office.  Then you can go down from there.  

we have a bad owner and a bad GM, who hired a meh coach.   They mortgaged our future for a low ceiling QB that I don’t think their meh coach actually preferred to attempt to build his O around.  Early indications are he had to be convinced into the Bryce pick, his NFL college roommate essentially told us what Frank wanted and it wasn’t Bryce, etc.  

Now we have a shitastic offense and the low ceiling rookie QB being predictably bad in it.  Which isn’t really Bryce’s fault.   Bryce also has a high floor but that’s still really dependent on all the parts around him.  And the coaching and skill talent around a rookie QB of Bryce’s style is horrible. 

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

If we play the If game,  you could say if Bryce doesn't have those 2 picks to ATL we win game 1 and if he doesn't fumble 6 this game we win this game

100% - but rookies are expected to make those mistakes, veterans are not

7 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

But he didn't. He hasn't shown me anything that's impressed me enough to justify him being the #1 overall draft choice.  

See question #1.  Not Bryce's fault but Tepper and the FO 

The critisism is valid and deserved. It stinks for him that people really bad at their jobs picked him so high which will result in him taking a beating from fans and the media but he is being paid better for it.

There really doesn't look to be an upside with him either so I expect it will remain ugly and he will get a second shot somewhere with much less pressure eventually.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

I do think he can be a good QB in this league, but our expectations need to be tampered for a while. He was clearly not #1 caliber IMO. That's on our GM and scouting dept, not Bryce. This team needs serious help around him. It's just time to adjust just expectations of him.

• Pie 1