• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurney almost got us Herbert

t96

Meanwhile DG and Fitts can't pick a halfway decent player in the 1st round to save their lives

Bruh, Getts drafted Starr, Shaq and CMC, two were decent to good and the other is elite. He may have been an ass but we had the most success while he was GM (3 winning records,4 playoffs in 5 seasons)

Hurney is the GOATed first round drafter though. I will not argue that. It's everything else he sucked at and why we only had 3 winning seasons when he was the GM (out of 15).

I have no defense for Fitts at the moment.

So Hurney was the best at drafting top level talent in the first round while putting together overall dogshit rosters, Gettleman drafted semi-ok but put together solid rosters, but was a bonafide asshole, and then we have Scott Fitterer in the corner eating paint chips.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

I've been scolding this forum for years for constantly pissing and moaning about our GMs.  Hate to break it to you, but the mess we are in right now is not on Fitterer.  I think he's done a wonderful job of building a very competitive roster talent wise.

Tepper blew it with the Bryce Young pick.  Simple as that.  Dude is Jerry Jones 2.0

The thing with Hurney is his FA signings were mediocre, and he did overpay for vets. But his first-round picks were almost always absolute game changers - franchise cornerstones that make up for any other mistakes. We've now lost that edge and our late round picks are somehow even worse than before, and so we never get those rebound seasons we always had.

• Pie 2