• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How many of these plays could Bryce make?

7 minutes ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

His rookie year? Outside of Steve Smith, he had the likes of Brandon Lafell, David Gettis, and Armanti Edwards catching passes (along with the corpse of Jeremy Shockey at TE). Let's not pretend Cam had all world receivers to throw to his rookie year.

He had 2 Pro Bowl RBs 

He had pro bowlers on the OL

and he had an all world WR to throw to while the 2 TE scheme was emphasized 

it was a great setup for a high draft pick

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

I forgot we did get Olsen that summer from the Bears, so he did have better receivers. Still not all world difference.

You musta never watched 89 play in person.  One of the few legit tilt the field talents at wr... and theres not a WR or TE on the current roster that could hold 88s jock.  

3 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Cam also had 2 good RBs that he ran for almost as much yardage as each. I think both were within 150 yards on the year as Cam.

The compaisons ate not fair because Cam looked like a stud and Bryce looks like a dud. It's not fair but that is the reality of the situation.

This. If we were 0-4 right now but Bryce was showing flashes of the talent needed to be elite we'd be frustrated about being 0-4 but excited about the future. Right now, the 0-4 record is way less of a concern to me than the future because I just don't think Bryce has the prerequisite talent and if that's the case we are likely doomed to another season, possibly two of simply not being able to compete.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, CBDellinger said:

You musta never watched 89 play in person.  One of the few legit tilt the field talents at wr... and theres not a WR or TE on the current roster that could hold 88s jock.  

I did. And Cam still somehow managed to get about 1500 yards passing to Lafell, Naanee (holy crap forgot we had that bum), and Shockey. That 1500 yards might be more than Bryce's total passing yards this season...

4 minutes ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

I did. And Cam still somehow managed to get about 1500 yards passing to Lafell, Naanee (holy crap forgot we had that bum), and Shockey. That 1500 yards might be more than Bryce's total passing yards this season...

LaFail would be the best wr on this team.  

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This. If we were 0-4 right now but Bryce was showing flashes of the talent needed to be elite we'd be frustrated about being 0-4 but excited about the future. Right now, the 0-4 record is way less of a concern to me than the future because I just don't think Bryce has the prerequisite talent and if that's the case we are likely doomed to another season, possibly two of simply not being able to compete.

It is just so obvious.

IDK. As the season goes on there will be more pressure building. Anything could happen. Worst case they find a way to IR him and do the entire silly attempt over again next year. 3 games in and it looks like Bryce is having a tough time. I doubt the next 3 will help. This really could get ugly enough to change the token 2nd year approach. We will see...

• Pie 1

The version of Lafell Cam was throwing to in his rookie year would be the best receiver on this team. It's probably a toss of a coin deciding who's the better TE option with Shockey and Hurst. The offensive line that year was ranked 9th overall by PFF.

You can't even compare what the two are working with.

Edited by Billy Goat

1 hour ago, ncfan said:

We need to move on and support the guy we have now.

But dam.  Cam was special.  There are guys who are similar athletes as him coming out, but not the the arm.   And some who have a similar arm but a fraction of the athlete.

thing that maddens me the most.  Cam’s rookie year had one of the best OL in franchise history and a slew of weapons.  Then the stupid GM decided to never replace the aging guys down the road or failed to.  And by 2016, it looked a lot like the roster today.

I think that had a lot to do with Ron. He still holds a premium on the defense, because they keep you in games and stuff. Offense just has to not make mistakes. Defense is there to make plays. 

9 minutes ago, Waldo said:

It is just so obvious.

IDK. As the season goes on there will be more pressure building. Anything could happen. Worst case they find a way to IR him and do the entire silly attempt over again next year. 3 games in and it looks like Bryce is having a tough time. I doubt the next 3 will help. This really could get ugly enough to change the token 2nd year approach. We will see...

I think we should sit Young until next year then let him play the entire season and get us a top pick. At least if he’s terrible it will be easier to move on from him. 

Lafell the best receiver on this team right now?? Lol  Come on now....stop it. This the over exaggeration that i keep seeing a lot. Lafell was never that guy, if you think route running, speed, and catching is a problem now you shouldnt dare bring up lafells now. Good lord relax lol