• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

38/21

Frank9999

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I honestly agree. There's nothing Bryce can do about his obvious physical limitations. Our talent evaluators made a terrible mistake. It's not Bryce's fault.

Maybe CJ ends up better but I honestly believe Bryce can be good in the NFL too. Time will tell

I just don't think Bryce was anywhere near as bad as this board is making him out to be on Sunday. The fumble really hurt us, sure. But he made a couple of plays - including one "wow" moment on a crucial 3rd down conversion when he scrambled planted and delivered to keep a drive alive.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, gmonjimbo said:

Could you expound on this.  What physical limitations are you referring to? I recognize his height (5"10), frame (195), and lack of elite speed (4.6-4.7). 

His arm does not look NFL caliber or even close to it. That's by far the most concerning physical issue I see.

• Poo 1

2 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

I just don't think Bryce was anywhere near as bad as this board is making him out to be on Sunday. The fumble really hurt us, sure. But he made a couple of plays - including one "wow" moment on a crucial 3rd down conversion when he scrambled planted and delivered to keep a drive alive.

The board always overreacts

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I honestly agree. There's nothing Bryce can do about his obvious physical limitations. Our talent evaluators made a terrible mistake. It's not Bryce's fault.

I realize this is one of your numerous narratives that you have repeated and will repeat ad nauseum until the horse is well and truly dead, but I just don't understand how you can come away from watching these games with the main issue being Bryce's arm. It almost seems like you're not watching the games, you're just running with same easy narratives that have been lobbed to you like a softball. 

7 minutes ago, travisura said:

I realize this is one of your numerous narratives that you have repeated and will repeat ad nauseum until the horse is well and truly dead, but I just don't understand how you can come away from watching these games with the main issue being Bryce's arm. It almost seems like you're not watching the games, you're just running with same easy narratives that have been lobbed to you like a softball. 

Watch Bryce throw the football. Watch other QBs throw the football. The one deep shot Bryce has took this year came up horribly short despite the receiver being grabbed and slowed down. For Bryce to complete passes more than 10 yards beyond the LOS the guy has to be wide open. If he's not Bryce just hasn't shown the ability to generate the velocity needed to deliver the ball. Sorry.

Honestly, Bryce throws about like Cam after the shoulder injuries.

• Poo 1

36 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

I wholeheartedly believe this coaching staff is coddling him, for whatever reason.

Yeah, they appear to be. I do blame Reich for a lot of our offensive struggles (in part because I fundamentally believe the buck stops at the HC, but also cause his play calls blow).

I'm not giving up on Young but I think it's acceptable to be skeptical.

28 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

Bryce is taking way too much hate from this fanbase. That energy should be directed elsewhere.

Tepper, Fitt, Reich.

Until those 3 are out of the equation (I know, Tepper will never be) - it doesn't matter who is at QB for this team. Baker is cooking down in Tampa right now and looked absolutely horrible last year.

newflash: we have an organizational issue, not a quarterback issue

I cant stand all 4.  Hows that?