• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kyle Bailey says Tepper isnt happy, wants changes now.

CPF4LIFE

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

If fitt was trying to trade more capital for a wr in a catastrophe of a season then tepp has to make a move

that's the million dollar question.  You never actually know where the bad decision rests.  What was Rhule what was Fitt.  What is Frank and what is Fitt. What is Fitt and what is Dave. 

maybe I want something different now Dave....is the one pushing for the WR. 

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

if this is true yes, but I think KB is probably alluding to something else.  Even tepper knows you cannot fire coaches halfway into the season

Yeah, as much as I have not been impressed with Frank at all, you really cannot fire him 6 games in, you'll never get any good head coaching candidates that have other options, outside of desperate re-treads.

The whole "Frank came into the interview with such a well laid out plan, much more thought out than the others" never made sense lol, there's a reason he had so much time on his hands, he had been canned while the others were game planning in the playoffs. Did Tepper expect Steichen to spend valuable time to look at our roster in detail instead of preparing his team? Such a joke

Just now, Samppson said:

Yeah, as much as I have not been impressed with Frank at all, you really cannot fire him 6 games in, you'll never get any good head coaching candidates that have other options, outside of desperate re-treads.

The whole "Frank came into the interview with such a well laid out plan, much more thought out than the others" never made sense lol, there's a reason he had so much time on his hands, he had been canned while the others were game planning in the playoffs. Did Tepper expect Steichen to spend valuable time to look at our roster in detail instead of preparing his team? Such a joke

maybe it will even out.  Because Tepper gave Matt Rhule way too much time.  

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, CPcavedweller said:

Taking Bryce was impulsive. It's like once they met with him, they really ceased evaluations. Tepper never should've been  in on those meetings. You hire football people to do football things. If you want a private meeting later, you send your jet to pick them up for a non-football related meeting with just the GM. 

I work in a contract business and it's such a waste to contract with and pay people ridiculous amounts of money for their specialty just to ignore their advice.

This is exactly what Tepper is doing. I think he now realizes he should've listened to Josh and taken CJ Stroud and that going back even further, he should've listened to damn near everyone and hired Wilks.

I dont think Tepper realizes anything outside of "Im not getting what I want."

• Pie 8

Interesting thought on a Reich replacement after the season....

Mike Tomlin

Steelers QB situation isn't going to be fixed this year and it could just be one of those situations where a HC and team both need a fresh start, similar to the Eagles and Reid a while back.

With Tepper's connections to the Steelers, I would think he'd have serious interest in him if the Steelers let him go.

Think there's also been a Steelers exec that we've been linked to in the past for a GM, so maybe bring them both over in the offseason and start fresh with them?

1 minute ago, Samppson said:

Steichen was never coming here. He just used the panthers as practice for the interviewing process 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

that's the million dollar question.  You never actually know where the bad decision rests.  What was Rhule what was Fitt.  What is Frank and what is Fitt. What is Fitt and what is Dave. 

maybe I want something different now Dave....is the one pushing for the WR. 

OR…what did those guys feel like that HAD to do to make Tep happy?

3 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

Taking Bryce was impulsive. It's like once they met with him, they really ceased evaluations. Tepper never should've been  in on those meetings. You hire football people to do football things. If you want a private meeting later, you send your jet to pick them up for a non-football related meeting with just the GM. 

I work in a contract business and it's such a waste to contract with and pay people ridiculous amounts of money for their specialty just to ignore their advice.

This is exactly what Tepper is doing. I think he now realizes he should've listened to Josh and taken CJ Stroud and that going back even further, he should've listened to damn near everyone and hired Wilks.

Fr6lvwUXgAIOLah.jpg:large

So this wouldnt be kosher?  damn who knew

Hate I can't embed tweets anymore. 

Someone hit the biggest problem on the head for those in BOA.  They were so busy blowing smoke up everyone's butt coming off Matt Rhule....they are facing the consequences. 

Narrative vs Reality

- only a QB away

- all star coaching staff 

- win now

- playoffs in a weak division

None of that was actually true.  But they wanted to get people excited after so much suck.  Should of borrowed that line from Matt Rhule about Jay Z. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

Interesting thought on a Reich replacement after the season....

Mike Tomlin

Steelers QB situation isn't going to be fixed this year and it could just be one of those situations where a HC and team both need a fresh start, similar to the Eagles and Reid a while back.

With Tepper's connections to the Steelers, I would think he'd have serious interest in him if the Steelers let him go.

Think there's also been a Steelers exec that we've been linked to in the past for a GM, so maybe bring them both over in the offseason and start fresh with them?

Mike Tomlin would be awesome.  But that's fantasy.  Tepper was rumored trying to oust him.  And Tomlin could basically go anywhere he wanted. 

• Pie 1