• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

“Carolina sniffing around on Jerry Jeudy”

ncfan

12 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Maybe it's because I'm out in the PNW, but Burns doesn't get near the love as he does in Carolina. I have to listen to to Seahags,  9ers, and Broncos fans mostly and they all say the same thing. If you want to neutralize Burns, run at him. The Seahags fans I know were more worried about Luvu than Burns. I don't get the sense they have the same value on him as a player than Panthers fans do. 

Media and fan love doesn't mean anything though, I also don't think the "run at him to neutralize him" issue would pop up on a SB caliber team like it does for us.

We're generally losing and it allows teams to run on us more often than they may normally need to.  If a contending team were to trade for him, he'd likely be able to pin his ears back and just rush the passer more often than not.

Teams will, and do, value him more than the casual fan does.

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

Honestly the only one I have liked so far is Van Jefferson if he comes cheap.  Coach's son so he will buy into the system pretty quick and Brown is familiar with him.  Solid decent WR that can play with AT and Mingo (who is developing).  Do this and make a push for Higgins this offseason. 

Fitt won’t be here next year

12 minutes ago, RJK said:

The panthers could trade for Justin Jefferson and Stefon Diggs and still throw for 100 yards a half. WRs aren’t fixing this team 

😭

we have holes at pretty much every position on offense.

adding a WR won’t fix the fact that we can’t block and our LG is the worst statistically in franchise history.  And we’ve had some bad ones (Miller, Daley, Michael Jordan, Etc)

4 minutes ago, PappyMay said:

This year is shot.  He’s only on the books for $13mil next year but is a day two pick worth a 1 year rental in a rebuild?

"only"?!?!?!?!

$13 million would have him as a Top 20 WR cap hit in the league, the guy hasn't had a 1,000 yard season in his career and an "offensive genius" in Payton wants to trade him away instead of keeping him with that number on the books next year.

His contract is the biggest reason to not have any interest in him, and I don't want him just for the player that he is, before you even factor in his biggest downside in that guaranteed contract next year 

2 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

This is Tepper wanting to see results, no way Fitty is doing this on his own. Just like last year when we were “so close” that they signed all those corners. 

Tepper could end up being the worst thing to ever happen to Charlotte.

Nobody needs results more than Fitt though.  He is essentially a dead man walking right now.  That’s makes him incredibly dangerous.  

1 hour ago, Castavar said:

You see, I'm betting that Scott Fitterer isn't retained after this season (silly me huh?). I want as many draft picks for our next GM as possible.

Not sure that computes, because then you're assuming Tepper makes a good hire, which teh Huddle would say is an impossibility.

So dud GM now using a pick to trade for a proven play or dud future GM drafting an unproven player.

Not sure it's a hard decision ATM.

2 hours ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Panthers needs to freaking STOP! Nothing is going to make this 0-4, soon to be 0-6 team, better. 

I agree with you there. We're not close this year, and a loss to the Lions is pretty much it. No team in NFL history has made the post season after having started the season 0-5. Wouldn't mind having Jeudy, but he hasn't proven to be a WR1, and including day one or even day 2 draft capital seems like a compound of errors. 

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

"only"?!?!?!?!

$13 million would have him as a Top 20 WR cap hit in the league, the guy hasn't had a 1,000 yard season in his career and an "offensive genius" in Payton wants to trade him away instead of keeping him with that number on the books next year.

His contract is the biggest reason to not have any interest in him, and I don't want him just for the player that he is, before you even factor in his biggest downside in that guaranteed contract next year 

I’m literally saying I don’t think it’s the best idea. But the cap is going up every year.  Ridley, Pittman jr, and Higgins will all top 18 mil next year. Wouldn’t be shocked to see someone give him a Kirk like contract in a year.  I’d rather use our money to lock up Luvu and Brown.