• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

“Carolina sniffing around on Jerry Jeudy”

ncfan

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

if thats the case that is telling because A) this is the group of wr they assembled knowing they were drafting a rookie and B)so now they are going to get it right after whiffing in free agency?  The scouting dept is clearly in disarray and missing on pick after pick

I’m absolutely cleaning house and purging this scouting dept regardless this offseason.

I think there are still quiet a few that have been around since the Hurney regime.

How many/pct of rd 2-7 picks have we hit on the last 6-8 years

• Pie 2

Bro, Fitterer has to go before he actually makes another stupid trade like this. Jerry Jeudy fuggin sucks. He has under performed since entering the league and we want to trade MORE draft picks to get him. Where have I heard this before (CJ Henderson). How are we honestly still allowing Fitterer even take calls at this point. Such a dumbass franchise bout to make even more dumbass moves to dig the hole deeper. We are no doubt going 0-6 into the bye (we aren't beating the Lions or Dolphins, come on now). Trading for scrubs like Van Jefferson or Jeudy won't change that.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Cam Lawter said:

I'd take Jeudy for a 3rd. TMJ just flat out sucks and I doubt we could find a better WR in the third round with the way Fritterer has been picking. TMJ was a 2nd round pick and Mingo has already taken his spot in his rookie year. 

Fitt should not be here next year.   All we are doing is making a bad team even more unattractive for potential good hires. 

Fitt shoudn’t be allowed to trade a single pick.  He will be gone soon enough.  Dave will find his scapegoat for Dave’s mess.  That’s Fitt.  No doubt. 

• Beer 1

I wouldn't hate trading for him, depending on the compensation. A 3rd rounder would be OK since they're basically throwaway picks for this franchise since like 2014.

I mean, Trai Turner is literally the last good player we drafted in the 3rd round and that's over the course of 3 different GMs drafting. I won't cry any tears to trade away the chance to draft the next Daryl Worley or Rashaan Gaulden next year.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

13 minutes ago, Castavar said:

Bro, Fitterer has to go before he actually makes another stupid trade like this. Jerry Jeudy fuggin sucks. He has under performed since entering the league and we want to trade MORE draft picks to get him. Where have I heard this before (CJ Henderson). How are we honestly still allowing Fitterer even take calls at this point. Such a dumbass franchise bout to make even more dumbass moves to dig the hole deeper. We are no doubt going 0-6 into the bye (we aren't beating the Lions or Dolphins, come on now). Trading for scrubs like Van Jefferson or Jeudy won't change that.

CJ has been worth a third so far this year, JJ was 30 yards away from being 1000 yard season with the Hackett debacle that happened. Saying how terrible Fitt is gives the argument to trade for him even more. What’s Fitt gonna do? Find a better WR starter in the 3rd? I’ll bet all day against that 

Edited by jb2288
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Panthers needs to freaking STOP! Nothing is going to make this 0-4, soon to be 0-6 team, better. 

This is a trade with the future in mind IMO if they do it. Since they lack picks, and may not recruit well in FA this would be a solid move.

Because say its a 3rd, you're not getting a WR equal to Jeudy there. This way you have a proven guy young enough to grow with Bryce, and he's still on a rookie deal with a 5th yr opt avail so the cost is also controlled. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

CJ has been worth a third so far this year, JJ was 30 yards away from being 1000 yard season with the Hackett debacle that happened. Saying how terrible Fitt is gives the argument to trade for him even more. What’s Fitt gonna do? Find a better WR starter in the 3rd? I’ll bet all day against that 

You see, I'm betting that Scott Fitterer isn't retained after this season (silly me huh?). I want as many draft picks for our next GM as possible.

3 minutes ago, SetfreexX said:

This is a trade with the future in mind IMO if they do it. Since they lack picks, and may not recruit well in FA this would be a solid move.

Because say its a 3rd, you're not getting a WR equal to Jeudy there. This way you have a proven guy young enough to grow with Bryce, and he's still on a rookie deal with a 5th yr opt avail so the cost is also controlled. 

Tank dell is already better than Juedy 

19 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

NO

TMJ is off our books next year and Jeudy has $13 million guaranteed.

A TMJ trade that would make more sense is to work him into a deal for Higgins, pair him back up with his LSU teammates in Burrow and Chase.

Burns and TMJ for Higgins, a 1st, and like a 4th works for me

I’m sure it would. But the Bengals(or any team) hangs up immediately. What’s the thought process here?

Burns isn’t worth Higgins and a 1st. He’s barely worth either, separately And TMJ sure ain’t worth a 4th. To a Bengal team that has one DE better than Burns already, and another who is well above average. Signed thru 2025 at less than Burns wants, by himself. The Bengals don’t want Burns. 

2 minutes ago, Castavar said:

You see, I'm betting that Scott Fitterer isn't retained after this season (silly me huh?). I want as many draft picks for our next GM as possible.

That’s fair but I think people sleep on him. Pretty sure he’s averaged around 15 ypc since he got in the league and somehow getting to 1000 yards last season with that staff and qb is impressive. 

• Pie 1