• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

After David Tepper moves the team and Charlotte gets an expansion team a few years later, what do you want the new mascot to be?

hepcat

36 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Call me Nostradamus because after enough losing seasons, Tepper is going to move the team somewhere else. There is no new stadium on the horizon or fans to fill it. New HQ project went bankrupt (allegedly). Not much going to keep the team in NC and we should all come to grips with that. 

So in 10 years when Charlotte gets a new expansion team what do y’all want the mascot to be? Let’s try not a cursed black cat at least. How about the Charlotte Thrombosis

Starting to believe he’s recreating the plot of Major League. Make the team so bad everybody quits to move them elsewhere. 

• Beer 1

16 minutes ago, Waldo said:

And also paying those guys which I am sure does not play into the equation a little. There is a fee to relocate that goes into other owner's pockets. Look up the Rams/Chargers processes.

Moving the team from NC to Germany would be what they have been drooling over since they started playing games in London.

He could also move Charlotte FC to Germany. Bet those guys would love soccer too!

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, ImfromClayton said:

He could also move Charlotte FC to Germany. Bet those guys would love soccer too!

I mean it’s entirely possible he builds a MUCH cheaper MLS stadium (I expect an announcement on that way sooner than anything regarding a new Panthers stadium) and he moves the NFL franchise elsewhere. 

• Beer 1

22 minutes ago, Dorian Gray said:

Take the city’s nickname, call them the Charlotte Queens, and make the mascot a dude dressed like Freddie Mercury. And then use the different Queen songs for first downs, TDs, and Ws.

Profit.

I like this idea a whole heck of a lot.