• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Miles Sanders is the worst starting RB in the NFL, change my mind

16 minutes ago, top dawg said:

We didn't need him. 

Stop underrating Hubbard.

Hubbard is a backup. He’s not a solid starter. We should have just done what every other team was doing. Sign a cheap rookie in the 3rd or 4th or trade a low pick like a 4th for a guy like Swift.

There were two RBs drafted right after DJ Johnson. Achane and Spears.

I don’t know why we do things the opposite of everyone else and always seem to do it wrong.

Edited by WhoKnows
  • Pie 1

Honestly he's been the most disappointing player so far on the team. I get our oline hasn't been very good but the dude doesn't see the gapping holes even when they are there. Rarely do I see him break a tackle and he just doesn't have any explosiveness. The difference between him Laviska and even Chubba at this point is night an day. That's a pretty big miss for us.

4 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

Hubbard is a backup. He’s not a solid starter. We should have just done what every other team was doing. Sign a cheap rookie in the 3rd or 4th or trade a low pick like a 4th for a guy like Swift.

There were two RBs drafted right after DJ Johnson. Achane and Spears.

I don’t know why we do things the opposite of everyone else and always seem to do it wrong.

I hear a lot of people saying that he's not a solid starter, but all I see is him producing when he's in there. Perhaps people should be saying that he needs the opportunity than just assuming that he can't start.

• Pie 1

Just now, top dawg said:

I hear a lot of people saying that he's not a solid starter, but all I see is him producing when he's in there. Perhaps people should be saying that he needs the opportunity than just assuming that he can't start.

Just like a lot of limited play guys. If he’s starting like Sanders, he’s getting stuffed a lot more as well. Sanders has not been good this year but some of that is the D being ready for runs where Hubbard wouldn’t do any better. Sorry, but Hubbard is a backup, not an NFL starter. He’s not a bad player but he’s also not our answer at RB.

1 minute ago, WhoKnows said:

Just like a lot of limited play guys. If he’s starting like Sanders, he’s getting stuffed a lot more as well. Sanders has not been good this year but some of that is the D being ready for runs where Hubbard wouldn’t do any better. Sorry, but Hubbard is a backup, not an NFL starter. He’s not a bad player but he’s also not our answer at RB.

Chuba is going to get stuffed a lot behind this line and will suffer due to uninspired play calling, but he's the type of back that's also going to break some chunk plays due to his explosiveness. 

Now, I'm not saying I wouldn't want a back closer to Barkley, but in today's the RBC is very effective, and Chuba definitely stands out when given opportunities to get into the flow of the game.

• Pie 1

The reasoning for the signing was to help ease the transition for our rookie. I didn't think Sanders would be this terrible. I wanted an RB in the draft. Fitterer is short sighted always looking for instant even if it hurts the cap. We should have damn well known our oline was still a work in progress. You don't shop for running backs in free agency with the slop depth we've been fielding on the oline.