• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What's Burns worth at this point?

electro's horse

Trade him to whoever delivers a first this year. A player is a bonus.

My choice: Call Belichick now and get their 2024 #1 and 2026 #1 or 2025 #2 and maybe JuJu or Hunter Henry. He has been embarrassed the last two weeks (losing 72-3) and he's not going out like that. He's not drafting a rookie QB again, no matter who it is. He'll sign Cousins for a last attempt at a run.

Roll with Bryce, Mingo, JuJu and the new #1 receiver in 2024. If it doesn't work, on to 2025.  

• Pie 1

He's not worth 2 first rounders. He's worth 1 first rounder now. His position and skill demands that price. Just because we are ass as a team does it mean Burns isn't worth that anymore. He will not garner 2 first rounders ever again. Unless there's a team that's in the hunt and their pass rusher goes down, you won't see anything as high as what the rams were offering. 

12 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Are there any posters still not wanting to do that trade?

I would bring up the original thread where I said trade his ass at the time, but they locked it so no zombie thread. A lot of Huddlers were trying to argue with me that he was worth more than that, and we had to have him here, and we could never replace him in the draft. Of course they sound idiotic now, and we obviously should have taken the deal. I was going crazy in that thread for Fitt to take the deal. Now it's just a countdown to Fitt being fired.

At this point it’s just pay the man, team is far away from competing and him and brown are the only real pieces on the defense to build around 

when I say pay I mean meet in the middle, that would be the logical thing to do but trading him with fitts under control still, will just be the icing on the cake for such a terribly ran clown show this team has become 

1 hour ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

At this point it’s just pay the man, team is far away from competing and him and brown are the only real pieces on the defense to build around 

when I say pay I mean meet in the middle, that would be the logical thing to do but trading him with fitts under control still, will just be the icing on the cake for such a terribly ran clown show this team has become 

Strongly disagree. This is the thinking that has us here right now. Paying him will do absolutely nothing positive. If he signs that extension on October 9, people will hate him and call his contract an albatross by October 12--if it takes that long.

We get on this treadmill of, "we have to pay so and so" and on and on it goes until we can't wait to get them out of here as they're deemed "overpaid". It happened with KK and bunch of other defenders, and it even happened with Cam, CMC, and DJ on the offensive side of the ball. I believe there was total Huddle frustration over the old regime paying people to "keep them in the family".

No, get Burns out of here ASAP. Send him to New England. They're not making the playoffs in that division even with Burns, but at least they won't be embarrassed. Belichick will give up 2 #1's. On the back of the last two weeks, now is the time to strike while the iron is hot. I know we like to stare at our navels, but they look way worse than we do.

Fitt should have had a voicemail waiting on Bill as soon as he finished his presser.

Edited by BrisbanePanther

15 minutes ago, BrisbanePanther said:

Strongly disagree. This is the thinking that has us here right now. Paying him will do absolutely nothing positive. If he signs that extension on October 9, people will hate him and call his contract an albatross by October 12--if it takes that long.

We get on this treadmill of, "we have to pay so and so" and on and on it goes until we can't wait to get them out of here as they're deemed "overpaid". It happened with KK and bunch of other defenders, and it even happened with Cam, CMC, and DJ on the offensive side of the ball. I believe there was total Huddle frustration over the old regime paying people to "keep them in the family".

No, get Burns out of here ASAP. Send him to New England. They're not making the playoffs in that division even with Burns, but at least they won't be embarrassed. Belichick will give up 2 #1's. On the back of the last two weeks, now is the time to strike while the iron is hot. I know we like to stare at our navels, but they look way worse than we do.

Fitt should have had a voicemail waiting on Bill as soon as he finished his presser.

I disagree, and it’s sorta why we’re at where we’re at, if we are firing fitts and hiring a competent gm, which is a stretch with this ownership, and the new gm thinks it’s a good ideal sure but as it stands currently, fitts has traded more talent from this team than he has replaced and we’re seeing the result of that with this current team. 

comparing this to KK is not close imo, kk was 28 when we extended him I believe, burns is 25, short never had a season close to 2015 again after the extension, burns has at least been a consistent fridge double digit sack guy. Like I said pay him and meet in the middle, this is all while being on a team that offense rarely has the lead 

Even though we're bad and think he's not worth a ton anymore, he still holds A LOT of value.  The market dictates, not our dejection with the team, and pass rushers are the most coveted dudes after QB.  42 sacks by age 25, went from bad to just below-average against the run.  People can act all deflated here but I do think he's worth a first and then some.  We're just probably not getting close to (2) firsts.  

Rams got lucky-- our trade didn't happen and they landed 2 super promising rookies in Byron Young and Kobie Turner.  

It's gotta be a team with a shot but not convincing anyone yet, and of course a clear need.

Baltimore is the one I could see. Oweh is unimpressive and injured, they had to sign Clowney who's been average.  They've got plenty future picks in tact and tradeable talent.  2024 1st and Patrick Queen (contract year, they declined his 5th yr).  Something like that could be juicy.  

This question is directed to all of you guys upset about not trading Burns last year.  If we made that trade, do you honestly believe it would have made us significantly better this season? I see nothing from the current FO to suggest we would have picked the right player with the choice this year or that they would do so with an extra # 1 in 2024.

Take a look at our drafts from 2021-2023. How many players have made a significant impact on the team? We consistently trade up or down to pick JAGS (or worse) and pass over great players in the process. We trade away 2nd and 3rd round players who couldn’t start on a contender in the NFL (ex: Darnold and CJ Henderson). The FO has not shown the ability to properly evaluate talent. If I were Tepper there is no way I’d let Fitz trade Burns unless I already knew I’d be bringing in a competent GM to replace him in 2024.

33 minutes ago, SCO96 said:

This question is directed to all of you guys upset about not trading Burns last year.  If we made that trade, do you honestly believe it would have made us significantly better this season? I see nothing from the current FO to suggest we would have picked the right player with the choice this year or that they would do so with an extra # 1 in 2024.

Take a look at our drafts from 2021-2023. How many players have made a significant impact on the team? We consistently trade up or down to pick JAGS (or worse) and pass over great players in the process. We trade away 2nd and 3rd round players who couldn’t start on a contender in the NFL (ex: Darnold and CJ Henderson). The FO has not shown the ability to properly evaluate talent. If I were Tepper there is no way I’d let Fitz trade Burns unless I already knew I’d be bringing in a competent GM to replace him in 2024.

You cannot look at those things in a vacuum.  The Rams clearly overvalued burns and fitt didnt pounce.  Having that draft capital is huge for many many reasons.    Also in regards to this season, anyone objectivily looking at this franchise and roster could see we were (God knows how far off we are now) but we were a couple seasons out from being a top tier team if things went our way.

So in closing fitt fuged up and it should cost him his job.