• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How long are you willing to give Bryce the benefit of the doubt

How long?  

143 members have voted

1. 1. topic title

• I'm already done with him/never wanted him
    • Giving him the rest of the season, if he's still mediocre EOS I'm out
    • Next Season, if he's still mediocre next season I'm out
    • I'm following the year 3 rule
    • Until he gets a new coach/GM (whenever that may be)
    • Jay-Z
    • Other (please specify)

14 hours ago, Knaakedup said:

I mentioned in another thread, but he’s yet to pass the eye test for me. I have yet to have one singular moment where I was “wow’ed” and felt like we were good moving forward with him, regardless of coaching. 

Cam - I knew it. You could tell immediately. 
Joe Burrow - even though they lost a lot, he was dragging them within winning. 
CJ Stroud - not trying to start any arguments about what he has vs Bryce, but he clearly has the making of a franchise QB. 

as the #1 pick, franchise QB, you should be elevating everyone around you and giving us some moments of “comfort”, per-say. Drag this sad sack of WRs to the end of the game, clawing and fighting instead of throwing pick after pick and showing very little interest/urgency. 

Im not out on him - for the record - but to say I have been underwhelmed would be an understatement. Maybe I’m jaded from the tank of a human Cam was and his legit Superman will to carry this poo organization to the finish line. 

Also, if he NEEDS it to be perfect around him to succeed, then that’s not the definition of a franchise QB I really want to build around. 

That's crazy. I completely disagree. He has shown me enough for me to believe that he has what it takes to become our franchise qb, and I think he will. 

• Flames 1

...Bryce is not the problem on this team...Look at Brock Purdy...drafted mister irrelevant... Its a balance of defense and offensive weapons and scheme you can give him to succeed....thats coaches and talent of which we have none... there are the outliers like Cam, Brady, few others that can carry a team...but thats not the only way to go about winning with a QB...its not golf...this is a team sport of the highest magnitude. I'm not ragging on this kid anymore.... he's in a dumpster fire with a squirt gun.... P.S.... hope Purdy wins the SB...

3 minutes ago, Johnstonny said:

...Bryce is not the problem on this team...Look at Brock Purdy...drafted mister irrelevant... Its a balance of defense and offensive weapons and scheme you can give him to succeed....thats coaches and talent of which we have none... there are the outliers like Cam, Brady, few others that can carry a team...but thats not the only way to go about winning with a QB...its not golf...this is a team sport of the highest magnitude. I'm not ragging on this kid anymore.... he's in a dumpster fire with a squirt gun.... P.S.... hope Purdy wins the SB...

You are totally disregarding that you don’t spend that for a game manager. The 1 overall doesn’t go to a guy who has to his from the white tees and putt to score. 

• Beer 1

21 minutes ago, stratocatter said:

You are totally disregarding that you don’t spend that for a game manager. The 1 overall doesn’t go to a guy who has to his from the white tees and putt to score. 

true...but reality is we did... we are a sht show in most positions and depleted of talent ...which lends fact to its not all on one guy to win... We have 4 years to surround him with talent...but...fitterererrr traded that.

Edited by Johnstonny
  • Pie 1

7 hours ago, djp14 said:

Tepper's fingerprints are all over the trade-up with Chicago. He's got as much stake in Bryce as Fitterer.

That's the beauty of being a billionaire - you can make the rules up as you go.

Sack Fitterer, hand the reigns to a competent GM, bask in the reflected glory of a winning franchise and pretend that it was all that chin-less wonder's fault. 

Edited by OldhamA
  • Pie 1

IMO if you're drafted in the 3rd round or earlier you get 3 years, almost without exception. We aren't that far removed from an era where it was nearly unheard of to starter a rookie at any position. If you've proven yourself to be a top 100ish athlete in college then you've earned the right to take your lumps as a rookie, take a potential sophomore slump, and come out the other side as someone worthy of being a starter. 

FWIW I was a Stroud guy going into the draft, but was convinced by others that Young was the right pick. I'm willing to give it time to play out. We were all sold a turd sandwich with the coaching staff, FA pickups, draft, etc and now we have no choice now but to take a big bite.

If anything, looking at the poll results there's a sizeable chunk of people that think the same. That at least gives me hope that this board isn't doomed.