• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A host on Lions flagship radio proposes Williams + first for Burns

top dawg

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Not suggesting this as a preferred alternative, but it crossed my mind so I'm curious to people's thoughts...

What if the suggested offer involved a first, an additional mid-round pick and Jahmyr Gibbs rather than Williams?

Id rather have that than Williams. Gibbs would be a much better safety valve than anything we have right now.

3 hours ago, Wundrbread33 said:

I keep thinking of this place shitting on Fitt for the CJ Henderson and a 5th for Arnold and a 3rd trade. 

That was a year removed from CJ being a top 10 pick. 

Now a lot of people are okay trading for Williams based on his draft status, while showing far less than CJ had in the NFL.

I would love to take a flyer on Williams, but the inconsistency is pretty funny. 

I would take any first for Burns right now.  Williams is just an interesting throw in.

4 hours ago, Wundrbread33 said:

I keep thinking of this place shitting on Fitt for the CJ Henderson and a 5th for Arnold and a 3rd trade. 

That was a year removed from CJ being a top 10 pick. 

Now a lot of people are okay trading for Williams based on his draft status, while showing far less than CJ had in the NFL.

I would love to take a flyer on Williams, but the inconsistency is pretty funny. 

For the record, I wasn't in that camp. Relatively low risk-high reward trades don't bother me at all.

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Not suggesting this as a preferred alternative, but it crossed my mind so I'm curious to people's thoughts...

What if the suggested offer involved a first, an additional mid-round pick and Jahmyr Gibbs rather than Williams?

I'd be OK with it, but I'd rather have Williams. Young receivers with first round talent are a great commodity in the NFL if they work out. RBs, even talented ones, come much easier, and a run game can be executed with  mid level talents, and by committee. Lastly, we'd miss the benefit of familiarity which can be kinda underrated if you look at Hurts and Smith as well Tua and Waddle. That familiarity angle is why I also proposed trying to acquire Metchie.

3 hours ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Id rather have that than Williams. Gibbs would be a much better safety valve than anything we have right now.

Send them Burns, Chinn, and Sanders for their 2024 1st, 2024 2nd, J Gibbs, and Brian Branch. 

Edited by ECHornet

3 hours ago, Tr3ach said:

I would take any first for Burns right now.  Williams is just an interesting throw in.

Only to select a pass rusher to replace him.lmao

If we trade Burns we need more than a 1st. We would be selling low, but then again this is Tepper and selling low on Burns wouldn't shock me.

4 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

100% do the deal. 2 net first round assets for Burns is a win.