• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The issue with the team is Tepper…

Doc Holiday

4 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Reich isn't absolved of playing his part. Neither is Fitterer, and neither is Tepper. $20000 question: how the hell is all this mess going to be addressed? We know Tepper isn't going anywhere, so people may as well stop saying it. Perhaps the criticism will make him reassess and step back a little.

Hire a guy like Kevin Colbert (preferably Colbert himself) to run the football operation, let that guy assess the organization from top to bottom and do whatever he recommends.

Make no changes whatsoever until you have that guy in place.

• Flames 1

9 hours ago, Day1PanthersFan said:

I am a little foggy when it comes to ownership rules , but could Tepper sell the team or does he have to have league approval ?

Because that would be a great way to get rid of him, for him to throw in the towel and decide to wash his hands of us

Tepper isn't a quitter. 

8 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Hire a guy like Kevin Colbert (preferably Colbert himself) to run the football operation, let that guy assess the organization from top to bottom and do whatever he recommends.

Make no changes whatsoever until you have that guy in place.

It's a good idea, provided that Colbert would do it.

My preference is still Jim Harbaugh though, provided that he would do it. We'll never know, but during their meeting, I suspect that Tepper was thinking, "This crazy weirdo thinks he's gonna come in and tell me what to do?" Simultaneously, Harbaugh was thinking, "This crazy fuger doesn't know poo about running a football team, and he's going to interfere with my process at every turn." Hence, the Tepper-Harbaugh meeting was about as short with as little information leaked as I've ever seen in those situations.

10 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

I have zero problems with him having good communication with the staff.  

I doubt he's being controlling as much as he just wants to know how they're addressing the issues.  

I doubt that it's that easy. Reich used the term "challenging."

2 minutes ago, top dawg said:

It's a good idea, provided that Colbert would do it.

My preference is still Jim Harbaugh though, provided that he would do it. We'll never know, but during their meeting, I suspect that Tepper was thinking, "This crazy weirdo thinks he's gonna come in and tell me what to do?" Simultaneously, Harbaugh was thinking, "This crazy fuger doesn't know poo about running a football team, and he's going to interfere with my process at every turn." Hence, the Tepper-Harbaugh meeting was about as short with as little information leaked as I've ever seen in those situations.

I have a hard time imagining Tupper working with Jim Harbaugh. I'm also not as big a believer in Harbaugh as some others.

The thing about Colbert though is that he's someone who's already friends with Tepper, and someone who Tepper is known to trust.

Given his ego, I think Colbert is the only realistic shot you've got at getting someone who can overrule Tepper.

Whether or not Colbert would do it? Unknown.

• Beer 1

15 hours ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

I’m not about to defend Tepper, but this idea that Tepper “chose” Bryce just feels insane to me. Just like a far out conspiracy theory people are using to validate their preconceived opinions about this owner.

I have a long list of grievances with Tepper, but he’s said more than once he leaves drafting/free agency up to his football guys. I remember that look into the war room after the 2021 draft we even got league-wide praise for how clean our process appeared. Tepper was in the building but it seemed evident he stayed out of the way when we were on the clock. And there were plenty of rumors that he would have liked Justin Fields but ultimately left the decision up to his GM/coach.

Our best writers did a great job of covering the QB selection process this past spring, and not once did any of them ever suggest that this would ultimately be Tepper’s decision. There are loads of articles about how we scouted all of these quarterbacks and ultimately landed on Bryce. Spoiler: None of them at the time ever said it was because it was the owners choice.

I think McCown definitely wanted Stroud, but Reich and Fitt were in unison that Bryce was QB1.

We’re just trying to find excuses as to why we are 0-5 and potentially selected the wrong quarterback. 

The problem is that he doesn't have to say it directly. If he wants Bryce and they know it and they take Stroud and it doesn't work then he's pissed. If Bryce doesn't work, at least they were all duped and Tepper may cut them some slack because he was wrong also. And that's assuming it was close between the two options. Now, throw in the fact that we are 0-5 and no one was expecting that and it blows everything up.

...tipper is trying to turn a ship on a dime...It don't work like that...I can only hope he has learned enough to take the right path, otherwise it will be a decade of some serious losing...Its been said Robert Kraft found his guy and turned over the reins of football to him...well hes got to find another guy again....

3 hours ago, top dawg said:

I doubt that it's that easy. Reich used the term "challenging."

As mentioned above, of course it’s challenging. Reich was talking playoffs and now we are going to be 0-6 and likely 4 games out of first and already behind on 2 of 3 tiebreakers. Any boss would want some answers at that point and it should be challenging.

2 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

If your boss isn't happy, any meeting with him would be challenging. 

Good pick up there. 

There's a really fine line between "challenging" and "overbearing".

Plenty of bosses who think they're pushing people to be their best are, in reality, just creating a difficult work environment and making everything harder.

11 hours ago, Varking said:

I feel I’ve been very clear he’s part of the problem but he’s not THE problem. There is no one fall guy for what is going on here. If you’re looking to point a finger at just one person you are absolving far too many others of blame. 

I’m not being naive and just blaming Tepper, who I don’t like, for all the Panthers issues. You’ve watched Panthers game this year, how many guys would you say on the team have been a dawg and are showing that they are absolutely busting their ass regardless of the coaching staff? How many out there are looking like they are giving maximum effort and are having pride in what they are doing?

Theres like four guys on the team who have performed well. If they can, so can the others. How many coaches are doing a great job to push the right buttons to get the most out of these guys? 

Again, at some point the talent needs to take over. Bill B is one of the greatest coaches of all time and his team looks like bums this year. Some years it doesn’t work. Some years players don’t execute. Mac Jones looks like he’s regressed every year. Is that more on Bill or more on Mac? 

The Carolina Panthers in years past on -and short plays could tell you Cam was running the ball for the first down, the defense could know it, and it didn’t matter. He was going to outdo the defense and get the yard. 

Listen to a micd up. There are tons of time Ray Lewis or even Luke here diagnosed a play and shouted to the whole defense what it was before the snap and sometimes we stopped the play and sometimes the other team still got good progress. Knowing is important but execution is most important. 

I can’t blame Tepper because Horn is soft as hell and down every year so our secondary is always in a bind. I can’t blame Tepper that Miles Sanders hasn’t wanted to show up and ball out one single week this season. 

I can’t blame Tepper because the coaching staff hasn’t trusted Bryce to do much more than run screens. 

poo personnel on the field still beats good personnel on the field when it executes. That’s why it’s so rare for a team to go winless or go without any losses. 

Our execution on the football field this season has sucked. That’s not the fault of just one person. 

We can agree the disagree. There's no point in rehashing all the bad that has happened since he bought the team. Only to say the Panthers have the worst record in the NFL over the past 5 years. All the names change except one -- David Tepper. The buck stops right there.

• Beer 1

13 minutes ago, Hogan said:

We can agree the disagree. There's no point in rehashing all the bad that has happened since he bought the team. Only to say the Panthers have the worst record in the NFL over the past 5 years. All the names change except one -- David Tepper. The buck stops right there.

Agreeing to disagree trying to lay all the blame on one person. 

• Pie 1