• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The issue with the team is Tepper…

Doc Holiday

2 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

I been trying to tell people that the scouting staff and coaching staff wanted someone not named Bryce Young. It was Tepper, then Tepper and then Tepper again. 

I have my opinions but the PR narrative has been very clear but this has been a leaky ship while Tepper has been here. It's really early and nothing devastating has been officially released yet but people are talking off the record is what my take is here.

Whatever the hell went down the product looks bad overall. That is going to put a lot of pressure everywhere as it mounts. Tepper will probably keep telling on himself so that's something to look forward to witnessing. His bot here speaks very loudly to me

29 minutes ago, scpanther22 said:

when did the narrative switch to Tepper forced the Young pick....seemned liked all summer the entire org wanted him

This, and Reich said his self and the GM decided the week of the draft what the final decision would be. Remember they meet in the office and both said Young. 

Edited by Byrdman4real

4 minutes ago, Byrdman4real said:

This, and Reich said his self and the GM decided the week of the draft what the final decision would be. Remember they meet in the office and both said Young. 

PR bull. Coach isn't going to come out and say nah they didn't pick my guy I wanted. That gets released through the season like it is now. But we definitely had reports from at least scouting that it wasnt unanimous like they said it was plus all the smoke coming from the team now... I'd say it's guaranteed that Frank didn't want Young if not both him and Fitt 

• Beer 1

Hey, everything I'm getting ready to say is just rumor and speculation because the team is losing but man, does it make for some great clickbait.

I even heard, and I'm not saying this is 100% true....but it's out there.  It seems like a lot of people are talking about the earth and just how flat it is.

I mean, don't listen do me.  Go outside and look for yourself.  Seems pretty flat, doesn't it.  

Then you add in how flat the Panthers have been playing.  The dots almost connect themselves.

7 hours ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

I’m not about to defend Tepper, but this idea that Tepper “chose” Bryce just feels insane to me. Just like a far out conspiracy theory people are using to validate their preconceived opinions about this owner.

I have a long list of grievances with Tepper, but he’s said more than once he leaves drafting/free agency up to his football guys. I remember that look into the war room after the 2021 draft we even got league-wide praise for how clean our process appeared. Tepper was in the building but it seemed evident he stayed out of the way when we were on the clock. And there were plenty of rumors that he would have liked Justin Fields but ultimately left the decision up to his GM/coach.

Our best writers did a great job of covering the QB selection process this past spring, and not once did any of them ever suggest that this would ultimately be Tepper’s decision. There are loads of articles about how we scouted all of these quarterbacks and ultimately landed on Bryce. Spoiler: None of them at the time ever said it was because it was the owners choice.

I think McCown definitely wanted Stroud, but Reich and Fitt were in unison that Bryce was QB1.

We’re just trying to find excuses as to why we are 0-5 and potentially selected the wrong quarterback. 

You may be right, but there was evidence before Reich's presser---some of it months before---that he liked QBs with size. So, no, Tepper may not have made the pick, but his pressure basically made Reich cave, and Reich should have never done that.

My thing is, is that this has to be having an effect upon Reich's coaching, or lack there of, and that he just isn't doing his best job because he doesn't believe in the little fella. As such, he's not the right coach for Bryce and needs to be axed forthwith in order to marry Bryce with someone that actually believes in him. 

As of now, everything I've seen seems so uncharacteristic of the QB that I saw in college, and, yes, I know that the NFL is not college, but still...it seems like what we're seeing is more akin to a fait accompli due to Reich's unbelief than it is about maximizing Young's talent.

Just the way I see it. I could be wrong, but, at the end of the day, Tepper's presence and input seems to be way too much. And, minus Young, I still am highly skeptical of Reich's run-run-pass, 1980s playbook, as well as his dismal personnel decisions and situational play calling on game days.

3 hours ago, Buckeye Homer said:

Wait a minute.  Is it true that Tepper participates in coaches meetings?

https://ftw.usatoday.com/lists/frank-reich-david-tepper-panthers-engage-bryce-young-force-video-reaction

It's in that article, an open NFL secret that Tepper made the QB pick over riding both Reich and Fitt who both wanted Stroud.

Tepper meddles in every single facet of the team from drafting to coaching. 

Mind you he did all this after Brown and Reich got together and built the offense for Stroud. 😂😂😂

Edited by carpanfan96

You guys are very kind to Reich acting like he's betting his career on Bryce against his will. I think it's more likely that he just sucks as a head coach. 

Also don't understand why you would treat a few comments he's made on big QBs as gospel but discount the numerous imes he's publically praised Young and dismissed his size.

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, MechaZain said:

You guys are very kind to Reich acting like he's betting his career on Bryce against his will. I think it's more likely that he just sucks as a head coach. 

Also don't understand why you would treat a few comments he's made on big QBs as gospel but discount the numerous imes he's publically praised Young and dismissed his size.

Because its literally known in NFL circles that he wanted Stroud. Everything else is PR bull from the team til that press conference that lit this thread up.

Young was the front offices and coaching staffs QB3. 😂😂😂

Edited by carpanfan96

3 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

Because its literally known in NFL circles that he wanted Stroud. Everything else is PR bull from the team til that press conference that lit this thread up.

Young was the front offices and coaching staffs QB3. 😂😂😂

So what if he did what Stroud. How do we know if Stroud would be better then young in Frank's system, because he has went through a number of QBs that looked like poo in his system. Just because Stroud is doing will with one team doesn't mean he would be the same with us. Frank is a problem with this team and having Stroud wouldn't change it. He is not a good coach.

6 minutes ago, Byrdman4real said:

So what if he did what Stroud. How do we know if Stroud would be better then young in Frank's system, because he has went through a number of QBs that looked like poo in his system. Just because Stroud is doing will with one team doesn't mean he would be the same with us. Frank is a problem with this team and having Stroud wouldn't change it. He is not a good coach.

Your owner that doesn't know football shouldn't be over riding his front office and coaching staff that he hired to ya know build a team and pick their players. 

It's been a constant problem since he took over and since he took over the Panthers have the worst winning % in the NFL... that's why. 

• Pie 2