• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If you’re hoping for a GM / Coaching fire in season, this IS the most opportune week

TheBigKat

0-6 and heading to a bye is pretty much the perfect window to fire Fitterer / Tool Reich. Otherwise it would more likely be an end of the season black Monday scenario.

There’s no way we head into the bye 0-6 without SOMETHING. Either Reich gives up playcalling, someone gets canned, something. Otherwise at the Texans game you’ll see at attendance of less than 10,000

There has been no sign of hope, just them digging in and looking for a trade to help turn it around. 

I seriously doubt they do jack except make a trade and then have the bot stop by to tell us all about it. Sorry but that is what I see. And if you doubt me just remember that the guy who owns the team was fine with a 5 year turn around and then they started talking 7 years according to JZ. Sorry. 

I don't think we do anything until year end and then Scott is gone. What's annoying is we hear all about this meddling by Tepper, but the one thing that everyone can see will help the team (forcing Reich to giveup play calling) is the thing he hasn't stepped in on. 

11 minutes ago, TheBigKat said:

0-6 and heading to a bye is pretty much the perfect window to fire Fitterer / Tool Reich. Otherwise it would more likely be an end of the season black Monday scenario.

There’s no way we head into the bye 0-6 without SOMETHING. Either Reich gives up playcalling, someone gets canned, something. Otherwise at the Texans game you’ll see at attendance of less than 10,000

They're not going to appoint a GM mid-season, so there's no real point in firing Fitterer besides to take his hands off the controls (so he can't make any more stupid trades).

Reich I could see having a come to Jesus moment later on in the season and mutually agreeing to part ways. 

• Pie 1

The season is already lost, firing anyone other than position coaches underperforming will scare away some coaching / GM candidates. If we lose out or win one game, anyone interviewing will completely understand.

Honestly trying to make improvements to win at all at this point will only hurt our 33rd pick in the draft as well.

• Pie 2

Frank just got here, so it would take a scandal to get rid of him. Fitt has made plenty of terrible decisions, but his fate is tied to how Young turns out. He has until it's clear Young is a bust, or he'll retire here if Young is a star. 

Edited by pantherj